app for tracking weight lifting program that syncs with mfp

Options
hi all,

does anyone know of an app that syncs with myfitness pal that tracks a weight lifting program?

so something where I can setup a program (e.g. number of sets/reps for each exercise), preferrably with heart rate monitor support, and then have it sync with myfitness pal when completed.

I see many cardio apps but no dedicated weight training app.

With endomondo you can set a session as "weight training" but not setup a workout plan so not what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I second this motion! They have links with cardio and circuit training app, hopefully a real weight training app is in the distant future. I use Jefit to set up and log my workouts, would be sweet to see these 2 apps link up =)
  • markgsus
    markgsus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    true there doesnt NEED to be but it's what I want :D

would just make things all the more easier!

if the myfitnesspal folks could find an app partner for this that would be great!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I suggest you get on Fitocracy to track, but there's no link to MFP.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

if the myfitnesspal folks could find an app partner for this that would be great!

Why don't you just record your strength training on MFP then? It does give you that option.
  • markgsus
    Options

Why don't you just record your strength training on MFP then? It does give you that option.

true. it just doesn't have the ability to create an exercise plan which is, ideally, what I'd like. I know you can keep track in another app and just hand enter it but ideally the weight training program app would just integrate with mfp
  • markgsus
    Options
    I suggest you get on Fitocracy to track, but there's no link to MFP.

looks great! will check it out! thanks!
  • markgsus
    Options
    hmmm doesnt seem like Fitocracy will work on my samsung galaxy s3. It doesn't suck down any exercise routines (just sits there spinning).No reply from their support after 3 days or so.

Skimble Workout Trainer works ok though. Not as hardcore as fitocracy for weight training folks but it has fitness plans and similar stuff. Also shows calories which I don't THINK Fitocracy does (it uses points).
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If you lift in a gym, see if the machines have a data key that plug into the machines before you start your reps, they log your calorie burn for weight lifting.

If you're doing free weights, then I have no idea how to track calories burned, aside from using a HRM, which I hear is inaccurate with weight training.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just get Jefit and call it a day. It's all you really need.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I don''t think it exists. But just as an added note, you shouldn't bother with your HRM while weight training, its not accurate.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just use Jefit, then track total time spent under the cardio section here.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Fitbit let's you log strength training and syncs w/ MFP...

...but it's just an estimate. Would be (almost) the same thing if you logged strength training directly in the cardio section on MFP.

(I say "almost" because the way fitbit works, you only get an additional calorie allowance when you exceed a certain threshold of calories burned (and not calorie for calorie if you logged them directly on MFP).)
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I just use Jefit, then track total time spent under the cardio section here.
    :drinker:
  • laurenelysia
    laurenelysia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fitnotes is amazing for designing programs and tracking workouts. I know it is available for Android. No idea if it works for any other OS. I absolutely love this app.

Sadly there is no MFP integration.... yet...
    Let's all put in a feature request :P
  • AFTERMATH77
    AFTERMATH77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another vote for JEFIT. Hands down the BEST free app for weight training tracking. I also use Runkeeper to log in my activities which then sync to MFP. Fwiw, I found this post searching for the same thing you want though, one app to sync all.

Anyways JEFIT can track your workouts, and you can use any HRM, Runkeeper, any third party appor calorie by hour tool, or the MFP calorie by hour estimator to input your strength training calories.
  • Insayne5
    Insayne5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely love Jefit and MFP to partner simply because I want everything in one location.

I understand the reasons and the arguments regarding why not although it seems your many consumers also want simplicity.

Track in Jefit, record as cardio. Annoyingly everything else will be on MFP (which I love!)
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I'm another happy user of JEFIT who then logs the time on here under the cardio section.

I think this site may be over estimating calories burned during weight lifting though. What do others think?

That said I don't eat them back so it's no biggie to me.
  • cleesus
    cleesus Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use Gymaholic
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm another happy user of JEFIT who then logs the time on here under the cardio section.

I think this site may be over estimating calories burned during weight lifting though. What do others think?

That said I don't eat them back so it's no biggie to me.

I use JEFIT for my session, and log using MFP's weights under cardio.
    Have used this method for about 3 years, on and off.
    I ran my own numbers and the difference between the two was under 20 cals on my average session time of 90min- I take slightly longer rests between lifts.
    This all during a very steady maintenance.

Cheers, h.