SO...MUCH...FOOD... So little time!!!

Options
How am I supposed to eat 1900 healthy calories in a day?
Good grief I feel like I am stuffing my face at all times...
Last night I had to double-scoop a protein shake just to make my calorie level and I ended up with an upset stomach, probably because I wasnt hungry really and I forced it down...

I plateaued and im told it was because my BMR was estimated too low - so I was not eating enough each day. So now, im trying to stay under my macros, but still consume MORE food than before. HELP! What do you eat to achieve this? I

I already eat almonds, and peanut butter and olive oil in a day.... I will go over my fats if I eat more of those.
My diary is public, I suppose feel free to browse through it and help me out here. I hate seeing 6:00 on the clock and still having 1,000 calories to eat. This makes it really hard to keep up my cardio if I cant even eat my minimum.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Your Macros are Goals to reach, not maximums.

It's perfectly fine to go over on one or two of them once you've hit them all.

So if you've hit your goals in macros and have calories left, have more food!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Going "over" in Fats is not bad. I get 45% of my cals from fat.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I just don't understand this issue. It's quite simply to fix it really...

1) oatmeal cooked in milk with 2 tbsp nut butter. = 500 calories

2) 1 string cheese + 1 ounce nuts = 250 calories

3) 1 cup beans + 1 serving rice + 2 tbsp salsa + 4 oz protein =~500 calories

4) 1 protein shake with 1 cup full fat milk + 1 scoop protein + 1 banana = 350-400

5) 6 oz fatty fish or steak + baked potato + 1/2 tbsp butter + 2 servings veggies = 500-600
  • Sarie_Bronish
    Sarie_Bronish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am struggling to eat as much though. My body feels "full" rather fast and I feel sick when I push those limits. no- I do not and have never had an eating disorder. I am just trying to lose weight, and somehow eating ice cream and cookies at the end of the day in order to reach 1900 calories doesnt seem like its beneficial.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Quit eating low fat, low sugar, diet foods. Use full fat dairy and regular foods. Increase the calories without increasing the volume and avoids a lot of unnecessary chemical garbage.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I am struggling to eat as much though. My body feels "full" rather fast and I feel sick when I push those limits. no- I do not and have never had an eating disorder. I am just trying to lose weight, and somehow eating ice cream and cookies at the end of the day in order to reach 1900 calories doesnt seem like its beneficial.

At the end of the day I eat a bowl of ice cream and have lost over 300 lbs. It certainly hasn't hurt my weight loss.... Eat more calorie dense foods. Almonds 1/2 cup and a glass of chocolate milk will get you over 600 calories and that is barely a snack....... Best of Luck
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Quit eating low fat, low sugar, diet foods. Use full fat dairy and regular foods. Increase the calories without increasing the volume and avoids a lot of unnecessary chemical garbage.

^^this and many other things already said in this thread. sometimes you can't avoid the chemicals, sometimes you can. i do when i can, figuring it balances out when i can't.

ideas (some already stated):
    almonds/almond butter/peanut butter
    avocados
    olive oil
    sesame oil (so good on any veggies)
    2% greek yogurt (NOT fat free) - at 160(?) calories for chobani (100 for the smaller 4-pack sizes)
    low fat or even full fat (NOT fat free) dairy, cheese, salad dressing, etc
    creamer in your morning coffee - i've found a brand that has actual ingredients (and not all chemicals)
    chocolate (NOT the diet crap - just get ones that are individually wrapped so they stay fresh - lately i've been a fan of dove)
    hummus, with pita chips or veggies (cucumbers or grape tomatoes are great and don't take much effort to prep)
    WINE