Your strongest & weakest body part.

Options
2»

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Weakest is my chest, strongest is my back.

Me too. My Deadlifts & Rows are strong, my Bench Press sucks!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My quads and calves are ridiculously strong, but my shoulders and back are SOSOSOSOSO weak!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My legs are definitely the strongest, and my weakest would be my upper body....chest and shoulders.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Strongest for me is back. Weakest is forearms. My forearms are sticks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Strongest for me is lower back (deadlift) Weakest in terms of actual weight is my arms (biceps/triceps) but I feel like in terms of where the weights are compared against each other / where they should be, my legs are pretty weak :(

Squats are the hardest all all for me to improve on, and I may be able to squat more than I bench and OHP but IMO the gap should be greater than it is.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm clearly a girl, with my complete lack of interest for upper body and bro muscle work, and a huge focus on squatting.

Strongest - quads\glues from squatting

Weakest - biceps from not having done a single curl for at least 5 years, but probably more!
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have NO upper body strength. I have good muscles, but if you asked me to climb a rope...nope - aint gonna happen.

Legs have always been my strongest asset. I have thick/athletic legs. I also have a very strong core. But upper body needs work!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    My legs are my strongest. My shoulders are piss-poor to balance things up. And given the previous responses, I guess I am a woman.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    My legs are definitely stronger, my arms suck. I lift like 20lbs and it feels like 50.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Strongest is back - weakest is probably quads.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I am very strong in my core, back, and lower body. However, I was a dancer for many years. (Ballet, Jazz, Tap, and Modern Dance) I am strong in my triceps too, but I am weak in my biceps, chest, and shoulders. I had always assumed it was b/c dancing developed mostly more core, and legs. In dance I used upper body strength to support certain lifts, and most of them require, a straight locked arm for support only.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    When I was young my quads and pecs would grow at an almost freaky rate - had to avoid too much leg work if I wanted to be able to get jeans that fitted my waist past my thighs.

Now knee and back injuries prevent a lot of leg strength work but quads are still very strong from cycling. Bench press is closest to my lifetime best (about 75% of peak from 30 years ago) so currently chest is my strongest part. Very large ribcage probably helps, lung capacity of someone 6" taller apparently.

Weakest body part would be my left knee joint, taking a bumper (US = fender) off a car with your knee will do that.....
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Strongest : Definitely Triceps

Weakest : Probably abdominals , I struggle with hanging leg raises etc ...

We are exact opposites, lol :) My traps are my weakest, really, but that's from a nerve injury, so I don't count that.

My hamstrings might be my strongest, but now I never try to see what they can do with known poundage, so I don't know. When I was 100 lbs (sick), I used to leg-lift my 6'3, 250-lb boyfriend as a party trick*, and that's the closest test with real weight where I can recall the numbers. I never kept up with what other folks squat, etc.

*Oh, and I do mean a literal party trick, lol! We used to take bets, even. Good times :D:D