Hi, I'm new and have a question

B4baby3
B4baby3 Posts: 17
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. I started on this site about 3 weeks ago and am having good success. I just had a question about my activity choice. I am a mom to two little ones (2 1/2 and 13 months) so I run around a lot with them, but I wasn't sure what activity choice I should choose. Would you consider my life of chasing and cleaning "lightly active" or "sedentary"? I want to make sure I am not cheating myself by choosing the wrong one.

Thanks

Replies

• B4baby3
    Hello everyone. I started on this site about 3 weeks ago and am having good success. I just had a question about my activity choice. I am a mom to two little ones (2 1/2 and 13 months) so I run around a lot with them, but I wasn't sure what activity choice I should choose. Would you consider my life of chasing and cleaning "lightly active" or "sedentary"? I want to make sure I am not cheating myself by choosing the wrong one.

Thanks
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    With children that age??? I think the question would be Lightly Active or WAY active. Lol Jk i think i would go with the lightly active :tongue:
  • With kids and tending to the house, definently active. For me staying home and chasing kids and cleaning non stop all day is like having 2 or three full time jobs. It feels like it anyways. :wink:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    I'm a mom of 4 kids and feel like I'm chasing them (at least the younger ones) all day, too. It feels great to sit down at the computer to log my calories a few times each day--or even sit down to eat lunch! I put that I'm lightly active--definitely not sedentary! :smile:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Definitely active!!! Sedentary means sitting at a desk job. Especially if you're taking the kids for walks and park outings. Good luck. I have five and have loved every minutes of it (well, almost every minute.)
  • B4baby3
    Thanks guys. I feel active, that is for sure. Some days I never get to sit down, but at least now I can steal a few minutes to log my calories. This staying at home thing is new for me and I will say that I am way more active than I ever was with any job I had before staying at home.

Hope y'all have a good day!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    I stayed home with mine and have never regretted it. But you do need to take care of yourself. Keep learning something, keep your brain engaged, keep up with friends and make new ones. The finances seemed to take care of themselves... what we made we spent, if we made less, we spent less, it all worked out. Good luck.
  • I am new as well, just today actually. I am nervous thinking I am not going to do well. Have you all been doing well with this? I am wanting to lose about 10 pounds at least, I had lost about 20 pounds since June 2006, and I had put about 3 back on and I need the support of a good group like this and I hope this is going to work for me. I have never counted calories before so this is new to me, but this calorie counter is good and I think its going to work. Well its good to be on here.
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    I am new as well, just today actually. I am nervous thinking I am not going to do well. Have you all been doing well with this? I am wanting to lose about 10 pounds at least, I had lost about 20 pounds since June 2006, and I had put about 3 back on and I need the support of a good group like this and I hope this is going to work for me. I have never counted calories before so this is new to me, but this calorie counter is good and I think its going to work. Well its good to be on here.

Welcome Katie. I think you will soon see how awesome this site truly is!!! Even though we could all do this with pen and paper ourselves this site makes it a no-brainer. Plus, when you are feeling down you can get support, feeling energetic...join a challenge. I think you will find that it's as useful and helpful as you make it!

Good luck on your journey. I wish you the best!
  • Welcome..

1st off...B4baby...I agree with the rest of the gang...you are defiantley active and not sedetary..

2nd...Katie...welcome today... MFP is great! It is a wonderful tool and as long as you are honest with yourself and work at it...It will work. I have been a member since March 5 and have lost 16 lbs. Now that doesnt seem like alot but in the long run...2 lbs per week will equal 104 in a year...

Good luck to both of you on your weight loss journey!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Welcome..

1st off...B4baby...I agree with the rest of the gang...you are defiantley active and not sedetary..

2nd...Katie...welcome today... MFP is great! It is a wonderful tool and as long as you are honest with yourself and work at it...It will work. I have been a member since March 5 and have lost 16 lbs. Now that doesnt seem like alot but in the long run...2 lbs per week will equal 104 in a year...

Good luck to both of you on your weight loss journey!

Doesn't seem like a lot? I think that's awesome!! Congrats!
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    I would always look at this as -

Am I losing 1lb per week as scheduled?

Yes - Keep Active
    No - Lower it

As long as your losing weight at the scheduled pace, I would not change it too much!

SO much more goes into the equation (how much muscle do you have? what is your metabolism?)

Tim
This discussion has been closed.