Newby :)

Options
Hi guys,

Ok im new to this site and just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Erica im 35 and am married with 4 kids. Eldest is 15 and youngest is 18 months. Each time hubby and i forget how hard it is we decide to have another .-/

We moved from the UK to Spain just over a year ago and my youngest has been the most difficult baby i have ever come across and because of this i have totally let myself slide and have gained a lot of weight.

I started ´eating helthier´and doing my Davina dvd in October and i weighted 13st 1lb (83kg). I want to get down to 10st (63.5kg)..............its a big ask especially for me as i have a HUGE sweet tooth and my willpower is nil :cry:

So fingers crossed and good luck to all of you who are going down the same path and well done to those who are doing it !!

Replies

• elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi there from Texas (U.S.), and welcome to a new life! I swear you have no idea how bad (physically) you actually feel until you start losing the weight and getting in shape, I know I didn't. I swear I have an outright eating disorder. I would go to a pizza buffet polish of 8-10 slices of pizza dipped in ranch, then about 4 slices of dessert pizza, and wash it all down with a couple glasses of coca-cola. If I can make this work I know you can too! My pics don't show it but I actually started this journey at 255lbs.

The SINGLE most important thing is to log EVERYTHING every day. If you go on a bender and eat a bucket of fried chicken (is that an American thing? I don't know) then log the 5,000 calories and vow to do better the next day. Logging is the only way you'll get a handle on what's wrong and how to fix it. If you don't log then you just make rough estimates in your head, forget stuff, etc. then 6 months down the road you've made no progress and don't know why.

Good luck and congrats on getting started!
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in UK...I had a difficult time losing weight after my pregnancy...and had a very rough time with the new baby( she's my only one)...I was alone all day, no relatives around me and in a complete new town, far away from friends...so we might have a thing or two in common! please add, I'm sending you an invite! ta-da!
  • ericola
    ericola Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks Elothen :) I will certainly do what you said as tbh, it wasnt something i thought too much about. I used to write everything down but then with 4 kids it sort of took a back seat. I had a read through your profile and pics, u have done amazingly well and are a great source of encouragement, thank you :)

Mandy1911 - i have recieved ur request and would def like to keep in touch, i think we do have a lot in common .)

grrrrrr spanish keyboard wont let me spell check, so if there are any typos........its spanish :ohwell: