Help! Questions on finding maintenance caloric intake

Options
1) I bought a food which I can't the calories of it in Singapore, but in HongKong there's a exact same shop with the calories of the food which is pretty much the same as the one that I just bought here in Singapore. Can I use the calories of the food shown in the HongKong website of that brand for my food which is purchased in Singapore?

website of the food brand in Sg : http://www.qqrice.sg/index.html
website of the food brand in Hk : http://www.qqrice.com.hk/ ( i click on the international version so that it's in English)

2) Have anyone heard of figurerobic which is invented by a korean housewife Jung Dayeon who've successfully lost weight and tone by doing the figurerobic? It's a combination of figure dance and aerobic, I can't find how much calories it burns, so I use the calories burnt when I'm sitting down for that like 19kcal/30min. Should I do the same workout everyday when I'm trying to find my maintenance caloric intake?

3) What do you guys do when you can't find any nutrition information of the food that you eat? I had salted salmon head, but I cant find it's calories... So I'm thinking if I should only eat food which I have nutrition info. about?

4) If I up my caloric intake, how long should I eat that calories before I decide if I should up it again or not? A week? 2 weeks?

5) Do you guys stop counting calories after you have found out your caloric intake to maintain your weight and not gain it back??

6) Do most of you guys have to eat beyond the calorie goal that MFP set for you in order to stop losing?

Sorry for posting so much questions but I really want to know the answers. I will really appreciate your help!

Replies

• arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    1. Just look for something similar in the food database, or search for calories online and then add just the calories to your diary, under quick add

2. No idea sorry.

3. Look at number 1

4. I give it 2 weeks and see if I've gained or lost, then go up or down as needed

5. No, I will be counting for a while yet

6. No, I have to eat slightly less than what MFP calculates. The MFP calculation is a basic guideline for an average person and you may have to modify it based on your own needs.