• ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    5'8" 128 pounds
    waist: 26 in
    belly: 33 in
    tumblr_mwop7yB3in1rucbymo1_400.jpg

*when i gain it goes to my stomach and thighs

You are quite tall and really fine. Congratulations.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    5'8" 128 pounds
    waist: 26 in
    belly: 33 in
    tumblr_mwop7yB3in1rucbymo1_400.jpg

*when i gain it goes to my stomach and thighs

You deserve another bump.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    seena511 wrote: »
    i'm 5'8" and my waist is 31 inches by my last measurement. i also have an hourglass shape.

Dang!
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    Bump.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I'm 5'10". When I started at 282+, my waist was 43 and my hips were 52. Now, at 239, my waist is 35 and my hips are 41. I recently measured at my belly button and it was 38 inches.

I went from a size 18 down to a size 12. I still have a way to go, but I probably could lose another 5-7 inches at the waist and hips.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". When I started at 282+, my waist was 43 and my hips were 52. Now, at 239, my waist is 35 and my hips are 41. I recently measured at my belly button and it was 38 inches.

I went from a size 18 down to a size 12. I still have a way to go, but I probably could lose another 5-7 inches at the waist and hips.

Wow, you're definitely doing something right! Congrats!

• katherine_startrek_fan
    Options

Thanks! My goal is to drop another fifty-nine pounds, but I'm already in unfamiliar territory. I haven't been this weight since I started high school and was 1-2 sizes larger at that time. I can't imagine what I will even look like when I lose another 20 pounds.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

Thanks! My goal is to drop another fifty-nine pounds, but I'm already in unfamiliar territory. I haven't been this weight since I started high school and was 1-2 sizes larger at that time. I can't imagine what I will even look like when I lose another 20 pounds.

You are right in making measurements and focusing there. Maybe 20 pounds lighter is not right for you. Judging by your measurements/size vs. your weight, you carry weight VERY well (lucky you!)

Right now, I'm wanting to be a smaller size, while still weighing as much as possible (in muscle, not fat), so that maintaining will be easier/possible (also muscle is firm&sexy and fat is jiggly&notsexy, lol).

I'll take inch loss over scale loss any day! Like I said, you have definitely been doing something right!!

• gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'7, 167 lbs. Currently at waist=30 in, hips=44 in. I am extremely pear shaped... would gladly trade an inch or two more on waist for less on hips! I kind of look like 2 different women glued together at the waist.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    wow

so many different experiences at different weights - it truly is an individual thing isn't it. I find it really interesting that other people are starting their journey at my current weight, whereas I feel I'm close to finishing the weight loss part

I'm 5'8, currently weigh 171lbs - my waist is just under 29", hips 40" (haven't done a bust measurement but I'm 34DD)

I'm actually quite happy at this weight - I might lose another 6lbs just to see what a BMI of 25 is like but might not... am undecided
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    5'8 from 228lbs to 188lbs.
    Chest = 44 to 38.5
    Waist = 39 to 32
    Abdomen = 41 to 33.5
    Hips = 51 to 44

Always thought I was a pear....starting to look like an hour glass and LOVING it!

hsujk2of5qk8.png
    b&a.png 379.2K
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!