Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

Options
How are you going to "Mentally" get ready for Thanksgiving?
I am really nervous about it.
I have been on a plateau to begin with -- and now the holidays are approaching
Help ! :)

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I guess I get ready by making a plan. I'm doing controlled indulgence so I don't get too strict and end up saying "eff it all" and go too far.

Here's my plan:

1. Workout in the morning (Thanksgiving is an afternoon/evening deal for us)
    2. Eat a normal breakfast and lunch
    3. Drink tons of water throughout the day
    4. Fill up on vegetables before going for the more indulgent foods like the green bean casserole
    5. Don't waste calories on anything I'm not in love with. This actually means skipping the turkey for me.
    6. Eat dessert and enjoy it.
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My Plan:

1- Remember it's just one day
    2- Cook all the food
    3- Eat all the food
    4- Be grateful that I am in the position to eat too much when there are many families that will be going without
    5- Go to sleep
    6- Carry on
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    My Plan:

1- Remember it's just one day
    2- Cook all the food
    3- Eat all the food
    4- Be grateful that I am in the position to eat too much when there are many families that will be going without
    5- Go to sleep
    6- Carry on

Perfectly said. Definitely how I am going about it as well. Oh, and running a 5k in the morning to make me feel better about it.
  • queenbekks
    queenbekks Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been budgeting an extra 100 calories off my daily amounts this whole week.
    I'm going to Zumba in the morning.
    I also skip the foods I'm not in love with- for me, cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes. Yes, they're high in nutrients, but I will trade nutrients for calories for this one day.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My Plan

Enjoy the day and be thankful