Have you ever been knocked up? Share, please!

Options
LittleSpy
LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
Please answer the following questions for my sanity's sake. :laugh:

1. What were your first symptoms of pregnancy (I'm okay with tmi)?

2. How far along were you when you tested positive on a home pregnancy test?

Thank you! I'm losing my mind right now and I need some affirmation (or not).

Replies

• newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1. nausa (my spelling is horrable not sure if its spelled right.)

2. 4 weeks
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    lol...I'm sorry, but this made me giggle!!! I can't answer the questions on here...but I wish you luck and hope it works out in your favor...whichever direction that is! :flowerforyou:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Definitely never been knocked up, but omg, Little Spy! Thinking about a baby, huh? Um... Congrats? Or not. :ohwell:
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    My boobs hurt the first week, super tender.
    By the second week I was feeling quesy, and by the 3rd week I was taking a pregnancy to prove a girl from work wrong :laugh:
    She wasn't wrong.
    I was completely surprised because I wasn't supposed to be able to have kids :noway:
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    HORRIBLE cramping!! Eating everything in site!!! I tested myself the day I was supposed to be TOM and it didn't come.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Both times I've been pregnant, the first real symptoms were my being highly emotional. Both times I cried and cried about some little trivial thing that would normally not matter at all normally.

With both of my pregnancies I was very sick from about 6 weeks until the day I gave birth...I hope, if you are pregnany, you do NOT experience this, it's horrible!
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    1. none until WAY after a test was/would have been positive, then very tired and fatigued.
    2. 9 days post O

Good luck!
    J
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    Never been "knocked up" (giggles), but wishing you the best in what ever you are wanting.
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think this is the wrong place to either confirm or dispell a pregnancy. A trip to the doctor ASAP is in order, not some sketchy advice from a bunch of people trying to get fit.

I know you're probably about too have a panic attack - no advice from us will calm your nerves.

For the love of God, get to a doctor.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    all of my pregnancies were the same:
    1. sore breasts, so bad it hurt if my hubby even looked at them
    2. cramping like I was going to start my period, but no period
    3. emotional about the stupidest things

I had all these symptoms before I had missed my period.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,024 Member
    Options
    I was extremely emotional, sore breasts immediately, nausea almost immediately, throwing up at about 3 weeks along , I was extremely tired right away, just wanted to sleep. I tested positive within 4weeks. Hope it works out whichever way you are hoping
  • EmilyV80
    EmilyV80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cramps where my only symptom for a while. I got a negative at 11 days past O and a positive 14 days past O with my daughter. I got a positive at 10 days past O with my son. It was very very light though.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    1. What were your first symptoms of pregnancy (I'm okay with tmi)? nipples sore, really irritable and emotional, crying, craving weird foods, sensitive to smells

2. How far along were you when you tested positive on a home pregnancy test? i was 4 weeks along for all my 3 tests
    my last pregnancy was crazy, I tested like 10 times with a regular EPT test and it was negative, I even went to a free clinic and theirs was negative, then I got one of those Clear Blue Easy Digital ..and sure enough, it was BFP! (on Valentine's Day even) :heart:

Good luck with whatever decision you want it to be!
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1) Breast were swollen and tender -- and blood vessels in mu upper chest were very visable -- looked like an interstate map! Fatigue and indegestion (not morning sickness).

2) Didn't test postivive on an EPT till about 4 months along. Though I understand tests have gotten better..

My doctor's office kept refusing to make an apointment "until I passed an EPT". After feeling so bad for over a month I finaly told the woman that if I wasn't pregnant I was dying and still needed the appointment -- she finally made it for me.

To complicate my situation I had bleeding at the end of my first month of pregnancy that looked and acted just like TOM. They have a fancy medical term for this, it is rare, but it does happen.
  • suzyanne
    suzyanne Posts: 50
    Options
    Yup, emotional, and sore breasts started about a week before my TOM was due. Not so bad on the cramping. nausea started about 6 weeks in. a HPT should likely be positive by the time your TOM is due...but stranger things have happened.
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    I think this is the wrong place to either confirm or dispell a pregnancy. A trip to the doctor ASAP is in order, not some sketchy advice from a bunch of people trying to get fit.

I know you're probably about too have a panic attack - no advice from us will calm your nerves.

I think she's just asking for some friendly advice...:flowerforyou:
  • countrymama08
    Options
    Most doctors will tell you to pee on a stick at this stage. Many don't want to see you until you are about 6-8 weeks. I was emotional but figured it was right before my period so I passed it off as that. Then I was getting irritated at the little things at work. It was the day I TOM was due so I picked up a pregnancy test on the way home. POAS and got a faint line. A line is a line but I still tested again the next morning.

If you are due TOM, go ahead and test. It will put your mind at ease one way or another. I tested last month since I was 2 days late.

ETA- like a previous poster, I was sick from about 11 weeks until she was born. I don't wish that on anyone.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    <snip> I wish you luck and hope it works out in your favor...whichever direction that is! :flowerforyou:
    I don't know which direction that is anymore either. :laugh:

Okay, the situation is this.
    Wasn't trying to conceive. But honestly dh and I have been doing our best trying NOT to conceive, either. TOM's a week late. Never ever ever ever ever have I been late. Ever. Seriously. Ever. I have regularly been a 20-22 day cycle girl. Then after eating healthier & exercising for a couple months, last year I changed to a 26-27 day cycle girl. It's been 34 days. I also have several symptoms that could very well be early signs of pregnancy (cramping, bloating, waves of nausea, fatigue, and one more involving tmi :tongue:).

Totally pregnant, right? Well, I'm testing negative. I'm thinking it could still be too early for me to show positive. But while playing the waiting game, I'm beginning to lose my marbles. I don't want to jump too soon and get a blood test because I want to know FOR SURE I'm not pregnant before I resume my normal lifestyle (there's some major beer drinking on hold right now. :tongue:).
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    HPT positive at about 4.5 to 5 weeks past LMP. No symptoms until about 5 - 6 weeks along and mine was morning sickness.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

A doctor isn't always the answer. It would be a waste of time and money to go this soon. I'm not about to have a panic attack. :wink: I just wanted to hear from some real women who aren't in my real life. :smile:

Let it be known I will be neither "confirming" nor "dispelling" pregnancy with the replies I receive here. :laugh: