YUMMMM Oatmeal

Options
For breakfast I had plain oatmeal made with water and as a topping I added frozen fruit (mango, pineapple, strawberries), 2 tsps of brown sugar and 2 tbsps of peanut butter. And it was absolutely delicious.

If you're like me and you really need to spice up your oatmeal to be able to eat it I highly suggest peanut butter. It mixes in well and gives the whole bowl a delicious peanut butter taste and it is very good. ^^

I'd love to hear other oatmeal recipes, I'm sure I'd get tired of peanut butter eventually.

Replies

• oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I enjoy mine with walnuts and craisens with a little homemade almond milk ( about 1/2 cup almond milk). I'm not opposed to peanut butter because my settings are at 30% on fats. But PB2 in oatmeal gives that taste peanut butter lovers like with less fat and calories without making oatmeal to thick. So a 1/2 serving peanut butter on the side with apple slices for me.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    By adding craisens or dates you can really sweeten up your oatmeal. Also the fruit and berry almond milk can do wonders to oatmeal or any other cereal
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Jumbo rolled oats (pref. soaked), skimmed milk and water, sultanas, cinnamon, little bit of Greek yoghurt, Truvia. Perfection.
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    I love walnuts in my oatmeal, it's great having a little crunch. ^^ I don't have much around the house right now since I haven't been to the grocery store recently but I'm really curious about the craisens, dates and fruit and berry almond milk. I'm gonna pick them up next shopping trip. Thanks!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is the bees knees.

my favorites:
    -applesauce, cinnamon and stevia
    -the above with maple syrup as well
    -maple syrup, pb, coconut milk instead of water and blueberries
    -vanilla protein powder, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cloves
    -chocolate protein powder
    -fresh fruit and stevia with coconut milk instead of water
    -mashed banana and pb
    -unsweetened coconut shreds and cocoa powder

i have yet to try savory oatmeal recipes but i want to give that a go as it sounds awesome
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

my favorites:
    -mashed banana and pb

i have yet to try savory oatmeal recipes but i want to give that a go as it sounds awesome

I love several of these and now must try several as well! Pumpkin, or coconut shreds with cocoa powder? Holy yumness!

I'm a fan of vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, blueberries and walnuts.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love mine with sliced bananas and just a very small splash of vanilla extract. I also love it with peanutbutter and i have also added strawberry jam or preserves.
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options

my favorites:
    -mashed banana and pb

I love several of these and now must try several as well! Pumpkin, or coconut shreds with cocoa powder? Holy yumness!

I'm a fan of vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, blueberries and walnuts.

Agreed! I'm trying all of these, especially the pumpkin. :D
    I love mine with sliced bananas and just a very small splash of vanilla extract. I also love it with peanutbutter and i have also added strawberry jam or preserves.

I have wanted to try the strawberry jam but I wasn't sure if it'd be good.
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yummy yummy. I wanted to try peanut butter w/my oatmeal the other day b/c I love it, and kept imagining that it would taste great, so thanks for confirming that it does. I will try it in a few days when I eat it again.

I've never tried PB2 and doubt I ever will, because peanut butter is SO worth the calories lol!

I typically use some mixture of almond milk. agave nectar, cinnamon, brown sugar ,chia seeds & mashed banana most mornings when I make oatmeal. It's so filling!
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Love my oatmeal and right now this is my favorite recipe I love it hot or cold

1/2 cup Oatmeal old fashioned , 8 oz almond milk, 2Tbs raw coconut, 1Tbs cocoa nibs,1Tbs flax seed 1 packet stevia,
    1Tbs vanilla.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love Oatmeal, but (I'm sure people will jump on my case) I just keep a box of the Quaker Weight Control Maple and Brown Sugar packets at my desk. One packet is 160 calories and is delicious and fills me up.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I cut up an apple add a little lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves--sometimes a little water and micowave 1 1/2 min. Then I add dried cranberries, mix well and microwave another min. I then add 1/2 cup oatmeal and stir--let it sit a minute.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My favorite is almond butter, jelly, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder.

Otherwise

Banana + chocolate protein powder
    Apple, sugar and cinnamon
    Pumpkin, pumpkin pie spices, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla extract (I cook it with half milk half water)
    Nutella
    Chocolate coconut and almonds

I got to try with frozen fruit though, I still have a bunch...
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    I love my oatmeal any which way. Just give me some! :love: :love: :love:
  • zuzisue166
    zuzisue166 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually go with the simple version apple cinnamon, flax seed and white cheese, but sometimes when I need a kick of energy I add
    to this mixture 1/4 of avocado and matcha green tea. (I skip the cinnamon than)
    I also tried oatmeal with avocado, smoked salmon and pepper, delicious and so full of protein.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have been eating mine with PB2 and Chocolate Protein powder. It is delish! Have put a half of smashed banana with it as well and it is super yummy!
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Alot of times for work, I will take a 1/2 c. oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon in a microwavable container and an apple and/or banana. When I am ready to eat lunch, I just add water and microwave until almost done (abt 1 -2 min) then dice the fruit into the oatmeal. Microwave for about a minute more to soften the fruit. Super easy and so good!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal and i have been overnight oats.. i eat it almost everyday.

1/2 cup oats
    3/4 to 1 cup milk (depends how thick you like it)
    cinnamon
    sliced almonds
    cranberries or raisins
    i rotate through different fruits such as bananas, berries (raspberry,blueberries etc.)
    mix all together and let sit overnight and it is ready to eat come morning.

there are alot of differents things that can be done with oatmeal.... reading through the posts i will have to try some of the other ideas.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Had the yummiest breakfast this morning - "summer porridge" (cold oats soaked in milk and yogurt overnight) with grated apple, crushed almonds and cinnamon = delicious! :smile:
  • uberalex
    uberalex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I sometimes like to toast the oats before I make it: 8-10 mins spread out on a baking tray at 180C (360F), take them out when you smell the incredible, nutty aroma. I just make them with water in the microwave, but I also think that greek yoghurt or honey or nuts added would make them amazing.