how to burn a quick 100 calories at work????

Options
hey,

i NEED HELP!! i need ideas to help burn around 100 calories! Im at work right now and when i get out im going straight to my mother-in-laws to help her with thanksgiving and ill be there all night so i cant do a work out video. I cant go outside because its raining so no walking!! Any ideas to help me burn some of this food off from lunch!! I missed 45 squats yesterday so today im doing 240 squats, so thats about 72 calories burned right there. I cant do any crazy moves. i have DDD boobs and no sports bra..... bad idea!!! someone will get hurt lmao!!! Thanks guys i appreiciate it!!

Replies

• weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have read that standing instead of sitting at your desk burns more calories... but probably not the amount you're looking for. Every little bit helps though!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    can you throw in some extra lunges? is there anywhere you can do pushups - even using a desk or a wall? It's going to be harder to burn the calories without being able to jump/bounce etc. Is there a stairwell? You can walk up and down a few flights of stairs...

Good luck!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    240 squats burns 72 calories? Really? Where did you get that from?

Btw I don't do rude/sarcastic I'm being genuine.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

If it does I'm going to do a whole lot more squatting!
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Helping your mother-in-law with thanksgiving will probably burn that 100 calorie.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I cant go outside because its raining so no walking!!

they have this new invention called an umbrella.
  • crescentkelly
    crescentkelly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Squats will burn more than 72 calories but because it's not an aerobic exercise some of the "exercise" databases don't include much on it. I think 240 squats will burn quite a bit more. Plus, when you're doing strength training (even with your own body weight) it will continue to burn for a few hours at a low level.

Standing actually burns an extra 50 calories an hour. If you stand for the next two hours that's 100 calories.
    Walking in place may help.

Stretching also burns a small amount.

And remember that if you're going to be cooking for a few hours that will burn calories, plus cleaning up afterwards. Take small breaks cooking and do some bicep curls with cans of cranberry sauce and pumpkin filling or whatever else is handy. Just sneak it in (walk in place while stirring) Everyone is crazy busy this week so just fit it in while you can and try not to stress.
  • ttothetaylor
    Options
    As I understand it squats equal .096 calories burned per pound per minute.
  • Funkenstein7
    Options

WOW! I must buy one!!!!! Ha ha! :drinker:
  • samanthasimps0n
    samanthasimps0n Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Run up the stairs for about 10 minutes!! I saw someone at work do this recently and she was kicking *kitten*! I would probably feel self conscious but she was rocking it haha
  • Panama081407
    Options
    I found this link. Don't know if it will help. Good Luck!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1777
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    Stairs? Go for 5-10 minute climbs every hour on the hour. Stand up and clean your workspace.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    You can't walk in the rain? Are you part vampire or something?
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Wicked witch.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    240 squats? For the love...WHY???
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options

lmao!!! love your btw!!! its a calculator i found online: http://www.livestrong.com/article/313995-calories-burned-during-squats/

To calculate the amount of calories you burn while doing squats without additional weights, multiply your weight by .096. Take the answer and multiply it by the amount of minutes you perform the exercise. For instance, if you weigh 160 lbs. and you take 15 minutes to complete your squats, you will burn approximately 230 calories.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    240 squats? For the love...WHY???

lmao, im doing a 30 day squat challenge, im on day 24
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options

im at work and my clothes will be SOAK and also im a witch not vampire,,,,,,,how rude!!!!!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options

you always get the rude ones, everytime lol!!!!! i didnt bring one, if i did, my *kitten* would of been outside smh lol
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    strong-lolololol.gif

did you leave off a zero?