Does the Alli Pill work?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yay! Anal leakage! How can anyone resist that?!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity: has anyone on this thread TRIED Alli? I've of course heard about the greasy farts, and spontaneous squirts but I've never known anyone who has actually USED the product. Have any of you? How bad was the greasy squirt problem?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    define "work".

if you mean "will alli give me nice wet oily farts and ruin a lot of underwear?"...

then YES.

alli works!

IKoDjYa.gif
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity: has anyone on this thread TRIED Alli? I've of course heard about the greasy farts, and spontaneous squirts but I've never known anyone who has actually USED the product. Have any of you? How bad was the greasy squirt problem?

I used it once. But I had already heard about the issues and still stupidly tried it. I did lose weight(was also exercising and eating at a deficit) but I made sure to keep VERY low in the fat department. My toilet constantly had to be cleaned because there was an orange ring around it, but I never had dirty undies, THANK GOODNESS lol
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Some people on my FL have first hand knowledge of the effects. I'm not going to call them out here. Let's just say, their experiences were consistent with what's been mentioned above.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Some people on my FL have first hand knowledge of the effects. I'm not going to call them out here. Let's just say, their experiences were consistent with what's been mentioned above.
    Good to know. EWW EWW EWW.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I read (from a questionable source) that it does prevent some of the fat you eat from digesting and it does therefore reduce the amount of calories you ingest, but it's some really low number like 100 calories a day. And, of course, the fat goes through your body and leaks out of your system. So while it does work, most people seem to agree it isn't worth the side effects.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have a new pill you should totes try. It's guaranteed to work. You take the pill 4x per day. It's an ancient secret herb. All you have to do is maintain an average caloric deficit and regularly exercise, preferably lifting, HIIT, and running 4-5 miles every other day. You will be looking great in weeks! It's like a miracle! Pills cost $50/month supply. And I'll throw in an extra 50 pills with every 3 months supply you order.

the-rock-before-and-after.jpg
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have tried it.....stupidly for sure.....a couple of times. The first time it wasn't too bad, as I kept to a pretty low fat diet. But like another poster said, I had an oily, orange ring in my toilet (GROSS). The next time I tried it, I decided "just one dinner" of pepperoni pizza wouldn't kill me. Well, I lived to tell about it, BUT my underwear died an oily, orange death. Not good. And it took a couple of days for the leaking to stop. It was awful. I can honestly say that I would NOT recommend Alli. However, I will not condemn or judge anyone who chooses to try it. It is your choice; the above is just MY personal experience.
    If you Google 'Is Alli harmful?", you will find some information out there that you may want to read before trying it. Best of luck in yoiur future fitness goals!

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Alli and did it work? I only have about 10 lbs to lose and I have hit a plateau with diet and excersise.

Why would you want to take a pill to lose ten pounds? Furthermore, why take a pill that makes you poop constantly? Of course you'll lose weight with it but it's not healthy at all.

If you have ten pounds to lose I suggest you set up your profile in MFP, or figure out your TDEE here ( http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ and cut about 6-10%, and stick to an eating plan. You don't have to take any pills or cut out any foods, you just need to eat within a calorie limit.

Really, losing weight is calories in/calories out. Things like exercise help weight loss and health, but it is not essential to losing weight.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago right after it was approved. So stupid.

All of the side effects are 100% true, at least they were for me. You were allowed to eat a certain amount of fat per meal or day (can't remember which) without side effects. This was not my experience. I had horrible stomach cramping, uncontrollable diarrhea, and a bright-orange, greasy discharge from the booty.

By far, the grossest few days I ever experienced. Also, I lost multiple pairs of underwear, a few pairs of pants, and had to carry a few changes of clothing with me everywhere I went. Someone that I knew that was on it actually suggested adult diapers to me. She wore them everyday to cope with the side effects.

I'm much happier running, eating better, and not crapping my pants.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago right after it was approved. So stupid.

All of the side effects are 100% true, at least they were for me. You were allowed to eat a certain amount of fat per meal or day (can't remember which) without side effects. This was not my experience. I had horrible stomach cramping, uncontrollable diarrhea, and a bright-orange, greasy discharge from the booty.

By far, the grossest few days I ever experienced. Also, I lost multiple pairs of underwear, a few pairs of pants, and had to carry a few changes of clothing with me everywhere I went. Someone that I knew that was on it actually suggested adult diapers to me. She wore them everyday to cope with the side effects.

I'm much happier running, eating better, and not crapping my pants.
    You know you've hit rock bottom when you're wearing diapers for a non-medical/old age reason lol that's pretty bad!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
  • crazyhawngurl
    Options
    alli was horrible it gave me leaky diarrhea and didn't loose anything. just switch up your exercise routine to surprise your body.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    alli was horrible it gave me leaky diarrhea and didn't loose anything. just switch up your exercise routine to surprise your body.
    Well, technically you lost something. :wink: Thanks to those who did try it. Apparently the rumors are correct! ick!