No Wrong Answers (the big MFP music questionnaire)

2»

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    my music taste is determined by my mood so it is hard for me to answer the questions. I pretty much like anything from heavy rock to classic and have all sorts in my CD collection/Ipod. I don't like 'manufactured' bands though.

My top 5 on my ipod right now are
    Snow Patrol - Signal Fire
    Darude - Sandstorm
    Dirty Vegas - Days go by
    Public service broadcasting - Signal 30
    Nessun Dorma - Pavarotti

• Public service broadcasting - Signal 30

Love Public Service Broadcasting! Saw them in Liverpool on Monday of this week, one of the best gigs I've been to this year.
  • chubbybword123
    chubbybword123 Posts: 54 Member
    Luv this stuff, Mike!

Your top 3 Solo Artists - Tori Amos, Stromae, PJ Harvey

Your top 3 Bands (2 or more ppl) - Radiohead, Uh Huh Her, The Smiths

Your top 3 Albums - Boys For Pele by Tori Amos, Amnesiac by Radiohead and Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea by PJ Harvey

Favourite Genre of music - Indie Rock

Favourite Composer - Rachmaninov

First Album - Boy by U2

First Single - Professional Widow by Tori Amos

First gig - Monsters of Rock 1998 (Slayer, Megadeth, Dream Theater etc.)

Artist/Album you wish more people knew about - Esben and The Witch

Song you can't stop playing lately - Ritual by Ellie Goulding

Which lyric sums you up recently - Same High by Uh Huh Her
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Some answers are subject to change in a few days...cause I'm flaky like that and cause I find new music so often that I develop new favourites every day.

Your top 3 Solo Artists: Christina Perri, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift

Your top 3 Bands (2 or more ppl): Bon Jovi, Daughtry, The Civil Wars

Your top 3 Albums: "The Civil Wars" by The Civil Wars, "Baptized"- Daughtry, "O Yeah Ultimate Aerosmith Hits" (2 cds but one album)- Aerosmith, "crossroads"- Bon Jovi.....Ya I know there's 4, but I can't pick one to take out...:tongue:

Favourite Genre of music: Don't have a favourite, but I lean more toward Rock/Indie

Favourite Composer: John Williams (Star Wars...)

First Album: Britney Spears- "Baby One More Time"

First Single: Backstreet Boys "Backstreets Back"

First gig: Britney Spears "oops I did it again" :drinker:

Artist/Album you wish more people knew about: The Civil Wars and Passenger (doesn't matter the albums cause all their songs are perfection)

Song you can't stop playing lately: Christina Perri- "Human"

Which lyric sums you up recently: "It's alright if you don't know what you need" - Marianas Trench- "Porcelain"
  • EmilyGetsSkinny95
    EmilyGetsSkinny95 Posts: 54 Member
    Your top 3 Solo Artists - Martina McBride, Mariah Carey, Josh Groban

Your top 3 Bands (2 or more ppl) - Nickel Creek, Five For Fighting, A Great Big World

Your top 3 Albums - Les Miserables (Original Broadway), Part II (Brad Paisley), Big River (Original Broadway)

Favourite Genre of music - Slow. Is slow a genre?

Favourite Composer - Tchaikovsky

First Album - Martina by Martina McBride

Artist/Album you wish more people knew about - Dave Barnes, A Great Big World

Song you can't stop playing lately - A Thousand Years by Christina Perri

Which lyric sums you up recently -
    "Keep drinkin' coffee
    Stare me down across the table
    While I look outside
    So many things I'd say if only I were able
    But I just keep quiet
    And count the cars that pass by
    You've got opinions, man
    We're all entitled to 'em
    But I never asked"
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Your top 3 Solo Artists - this changes a lot but right now, David Bowie, Adam Lambert & Robyn
    Your top 3 Bands (2 or more ppl) - eh, I don't like bands nearly as much as solo artists, but The Cure, Depeche Mode, and Queen

Your top 3 Albums - The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars (Bowie), Trespassing (Lambert), True (Avicii)

Favourite Genre of music - pop

Favourite Composer - Nile Rodgers

First Album - The Clash, Give Em Enough Rope

First Single - honestly I don't remember!

First gig - Bob Marley

Artist/Album you wish more people knew about - Robyn (at least I wish more US people knew about her)

Song you can't stop playing lately - Miley Cyrus, 4x4

Which lyric sums you up recently -
    Who cares if you disagree?
    You are not me
    Who made you king of anything?
    So you dare tell me who to be
    Who died and made you king of anything?
    (I hate it when people tell me what to think or do or say)
  • Brilliant responses,

I'm from uk. So Biggest thing I've learnt is that Tom Petty is really popular in America
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Your top 3 Solo Artists: Justin Timberlake, Keith Urban, Elton John

Your top 3 Bands (2 or more ppl): Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Queen

Your top 3 Albums; New Jersey- Bon Jovi; Mad Season- Matchbox 20; Janet- Janet Jackson

Favourite Genre of music: Country/Rock/ Pop

Favourite Composer: Pachebel

First Album: Alien Shores- Platinum Blonde

First Single; Diamond Sun- Glass Tiger

First gig; Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 tour

Artist/Album you wish more people knew about: Dave Carroll

Song you can't stop playing lately: Sexyback- Justin Timberlake

Which lyric sums you up recently: Perfect- Sara Evans. The whole song sums up how I'm feeling right now.
  • Your top 3 Solo Artists - Elvis Costello, Tori Amos, Regina Spektor

Your top 3 Bands (2 or more ppl) - The Smiths, Pulp, Belle & Sebastian, Camera Obscura (ugh this was hard!)

Your top 3 Albums - Dummy-Portishead, Pablo Honey-Radiohead, Tigermilk-Belle and Sebastian

Favourite Genre of music - "Alternative" whatever that means. More specifically, Britpop & other indie groups, some folk, some singer songwriter

Favourite Composer - Beethoven

First Album - 1st vinyl: Different Light-The Bangles, 1st CDs: Out of Time-REM & Achtung Baby-U2

First single: Holiday -Madonna

Artist/Album you wish more people knew about - The Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, the great punk groups of the 70s, classic rap, so much I don't know!

Song you can't stop playing lately - Sunday Morning-The Velvet Underground

Which lyric sums you up recently - this always sums me up:
    "You're dangerous cause you're honest, you're dangerous cause you don't know what you want." Who's gonna ride your wild horse-U2

• Which lyric sums you up recently: Perfect- Sara Evans. The whole song sums up how I'm feeling right now.

I SWEAR I was gonna use that! Until I realised that Darius Rucker "This" was a little more fitting for me :) x
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member

Which lyric sums you up recently: Perfect- Sara Evans. The whole song sums up how I'm feeling right now.

I SWEAR I was gonna use that! Until I realised that Darius Rucker "This" was a little more fitting for me :) x

That's a great song as well and would have been my second choice.
  • MrsH1987
    MrsH1987 Posts: 53 Member
    Your top 3 Solo Artists: Amy Winehouse, Jason Mraz, Pink (Took me ages to think of solo artists who's voices I love lol)

Your top 3 Bands (2 or more ppl): Thirty Seconds To Mars, Rage Against The Machine, Reel Big Fish

Your top 3 Albums: Nirvana- Nevermind, Pantera- Vulgar Display of Power, Biffy Clyro- Puzzle

Favourite Genre of music : Rock/Alternative

Favourite Composer: erm...............................

First Album: Take That- Take That and Party

First Single: Luniz- I got five on it

First gig: I think it was [SPUNGE], I have been to lots and have a rubbish memory

Artist/Album you wish more people knew about: Reel Big Fish- Candy Coated Fury

Song you can't stop playing lately: Paramore- I'm still into you

Which lyric sums you up recently: 'I fell apart but got back up again'. They are lyrics from a Thirty Seconds To Mars song called Alibi. I have these lyrics tattooed on my chest to remind me that I survived a very hard time just over a year ago
  • MrsH1987
    MrsH1987 Posts: 53 Member

Your top 3 Albums - The Poison, Bullet; The Black Parade, My Chemical Romance; Hybrid Theory, Linkin Park

So excited about seeing Linkin Park play this at Download next year!