People not using the recipe function

Options
obsidianwings
obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
Whoever Pam is, I wish she would use the damn recipe function, instead of entering all of her "pams homemade" stuff in the food database and clicking to share with everyone for god knows what reason.
There is a brand here called pams, and i'm sick of "pams homemade" stuff clogging up the database and making it harder to find what I need for my recipe which I am inputting correctly!
*rage*
angry-dr-cox-o.gif

Thanks for letting me vent, i've needed it for a couple of years. And if Pam happens to be on the boards, frickin quit it! ;)

Replies

• emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    lol
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Sometimes when I get really annoyed with it because it seems to pop up on every ingredient I search I actually have to talk myself down from going and changing their nutritional info just to spite them hahaha. So far I have managed to hold myself back
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I get really annoyed with it because it seems to pop up on every ingredient I search I actually have to talk myself down from going and changing their nutritional info just to spite them hahaha. So far I have managed to hold myself back
    Pure genius. Do it.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Pure genius. Do it.
    You're evil, I like that.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

wait dont ive used a few of pam's recipes especially the homemade salsa because everyone else eats that canned shiyat and thats all there is on the database
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    While I appreciate the fact that you are not adding more random crap to the database, why don't you enter your own recipe, since pams might be completely different? Not sure it would actualy make to much difference to you if I did change it since you don't know if its accurate to you anyway :)
    I doubt I will ever do it I would feel to bad if they didn't notice for ages and started putting on weight LOL its just so tempting when i'm frustrated with it
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    While I appreciate the fact that you are not adding more random crap to the database, why don't you enter your own recipe, since pams might be completely different? Not sure it would actualy make to much difference to you if I did change it since you don't know if its accurate to you anyway :)
    I doubt I will ever do it I would feel to bad if they didn't notice for ages and started putting on weight LOL its just so tempting when i'm frustrated with it

cause you see this...lazeeeeee

lol i probably wouldnt notice unless it was something crazy like you added a million grams of fat
  • obsidianwings
    Options

cause you see this...lazeeeeee

lol i probably wouldnt notice unless it was something crazy like you added a million grams of fat
    LOL
    Na in my fantasies it involves altering things just enough so that its not obvious, but so that they might think they can have bigger or smaller portions to fit the macros/cals.
    9062800860_57068b621b.jpg
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    thought I was gonna be annoyed by this thread, pleasantly surprised. good job OP.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Pure genius. Do it.
    Seconded.

I wish after an item gets so many votes for being inaccurate that it was removed. The amount of out of date or customized entries in the database that shouldn't be there was an issue when I started, and they still haven't fixed it even after 2-1/2 years.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Pure genius. Do it.
    You're evil, I like that.
    Who...me? Why thank you!:devil:
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    thought I was gonna be annoyed by this thread, pleasantly surprised. good job OP.
    I live to please :P