Synchronisation between MFP and FitBit accounts...

Options
I have been using both the FitBit One and MFP in a combination to reach my target weight and to also maintain it for around a year now. Though they are incredibly effective and are great aids to regulate my health and weight, I've never really felt rewarded by linking the two accounts on each of the websites. My want would be for MFP's website to send packets of information of my daily food intake, consisting of the amount of calories, sugar, sodium and carb content etc. logged here at MFP, over to the FitBit website for it to be succinctly displayed - not necessarily detailed like it is here on MFP but enough for the statistics to be more useful on the FitBit dashboard. It almost seems like this is what should occur by linking the two accounts but for me, it doesn't seem to ever execute this instruction and leaves me feeling a little unsatisfied.
The reason I can't just log the food over at FitBit is because I'm from England and it seems that there are near enough to zero foods from here in their food database, which is quite frustrating really...I would add them myself if I possessed the patience but it would be exceptionally time consuming and possibly as annoying as the food not being on the website in the first place :tongue:.

I am wondering, does anybody else have this problem? Is it just the accounts based in the UK that have trouble linking properly? Or if it's a problem widely acknowledge, what can we do about it?

Replies

• JidGod
    JidGod Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The MFP database is excellent. If you get into the mantra of
    (i) MFP for food
    (ii) fitbit for exercise

then you should get the bes tof both worlds. Fitbit will send exercise cals here, and MFP will send food cals there.

It all works beautifully for me anyway!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I got lost somewhere in there and have no idea what you're trying to do. I synched MFP with Fitbit and I log everything on MFP. I let Fitbit work out it's calories and send the adjustments to MFP. I really don't bother with looking at the Fitbit site at all and there really isn't any need to unless you want to pat yourself on the back for stairs climbed or minutes slept.

Trying jump between 3 different sites would be just too much confusion and too time consuming for me to bother. My advice is pick one and stick with it. The Fitbit data is a good guess at best on your calorie burn so getting into the minutia of it seems pointless.

ETA: You can add exercise on MFP too and it synchs it over to Fitbit. No need to bounce back and forth on that either.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I log food here and use the Fitbit site. This site DOES send over my calorie totals and macros, sodium, etc., and I can view those in a succinct Fitbit display. It's not on the new Dashboard there, I have to go to the old "Food" tab. There might be a way to put that info on the new Dashboard, I'm not sure. On the Food tab, it gives daily totals of the macros, sodium, etc., not like charts of time series. You can scroll back by day, though.

You don't get that data? From Dashboard-Beta (in Settings), go to Log. You should default to the Food tab. Scroll down to see Daily Totals. If you're set to Normal Dashboard, just hit Log Food to see the same page.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I got lost somewhere in there and have no idea what you're trying to do. I synched MFP with Fitbit and I log everything on MFP. I let Fitbit work out it's calories and send the adjustments to MFP. I really don't bother with looking at the Fitbit site at all and there really isn't any need to unless you want to pat yourself on the back for stairs climbed or minutes slept.

Trying jump between 3 different sites would be just too much confusion and too time consuming for me to bother. My advice is pick one and stick with it. The Fitbit data is a good guess at best on your calorie burn so getting into the minutia of it seems pointless.

ETA: You can add exercise on MFP too and it synchs it over to Fitbit. No need to bounce back and forth on that either.

my accounts work the same way.