Hello & advice needed on carbs & sugar

Options
hi everyone, I have been using the MFP app on my iPhone for about a month and a half and lost 6 pounds (although I have gained 2 pounds in two days despite not changing my caloric intake or exercise- so I am hoping this is just water retention due to the female hormonal cycle!!)
I always stick to my 1200 calorie limit yet I always go over in carbs & sugar! I am always under in fats and i don't eat a lot of sweets, but I guess the whole grains and beans & fruits push me over in the carb category. My question is- I always eat back the calories I burn during my cardio exercises... But although the number of calories you can take in changes due to the calories you burned with exercise- the numbers for nutritional values (like carbs & sugar!) don't change. So should I just accept that I am over in carbs & sugar but within my calorie range, or should I start eating grilled chicken breasts & peanuts to get my calories without the carbs?
Thanks!
Oh yeah, another quick question- any idea what the difference in calories burned while walking alone versus pushing a stroller?? I always just put it in as walking at whatever pace i am going, but yesterday my husband pushed my daughter in the stroller while I walked alone, and I hardly broke a sweat compared to pushing the 45 pound stroller & toddler combo! Which leads me to believe that I have been underestimating my calories burned & want to make sure I eat them back to avoid the dreaded "starvation mode"
Thanks again-
Megan

Replies

• LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi there - congrats on your loss! Regarding walking with your kiddo and the stroller, I find a 200 calorie burn difference between walking my route alone, and then walking it pushing a double stroller with my 35-pound son, and his 6-month old brother....he must weigh 18 pounds or so. I do wear a HRM, so my burn is accurate for me and my route. The 200 difference is my experience. Someone else may know of a site with a calculator to give you an estimate.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I try to limit fruit because it is high in sugar (natural or not) I eat no more then 2 servings a day.....just try to cut back on carbs. Oh and admittedly I still am over on it if I don't pay attention....It is all a joggling act.....