Realistic expectations

Options
I am right at 180 lbs right now and eventually want to make it to 140 lbs. I want to be 150 lbs. by mid June early July. Is this something that is attainable or are my dreams working in overtime???

Replies

• mawiggins
    mawiggins Posts: 20
    Options
    I am right at 180 lbs right now and eventually want to make it to 140 lbs. I want to be 150 lbs. by mid June early July. Is this something that is attainable or are my dreams working in overtime???
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Losing 2lbs a week is possible and though may be aggressive but I am both aiming and successfully doing it. So if you plan to lose 30lbs then I would suggest giving it a time of 15 weeks would be reasonable and doable. This means you need to have weekly calorie deficit of 7,000.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    That would be about 5 lbs/week. Sorry to break it to you, but if you lose it that fast, chances are it will come back with a vengeance. 6-10 lbs/month would be easier on your body and healthier overall.
  • mawiggins
    mawiggins Posts: 20
    Options
    Yeah, I think I knew that but was hoping...lol!
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    8 lbs a month, 2 lbs a week are moderate weight loss. I agree. Anything more would be too taxing on you.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that as your body moves towards a healthy BMI weight will not come off as easily as it will now. Your body will begin to "hold on" to the rest of your body fat and weight loss will most likely slow down to 1lb a week-1/2 week.