What was YOUR worst binge story???

Options
124»

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I've had various indiscriminate binges just because the food was good and I ate too much. There was one time that I remember pretty vividly though. I had just graduated college. I was all depressed because my baseball career was over and it was time to join the really world. I had just gone through my first day as a phone jockey.

I was playing some RB6:V online and ate within the span of a night

Large Meat Lovers Pizza with Cheese Bread
    1 Package of Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookes
    1 Quart of Edy's Ice Cream

Somehow I kept it all down.
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    My best is after a break up on valentines day. I had done it but I was upset as we had been living together etc.

I woke up next morning, ate a full fry up, plus left over pizza. Over the course of the morning ate the cheese board he had left in the fridge, had a supernoodle lunch. Met a friend at costa to talk about what had happened, drank several flavoured lates and 2 cakes. She suggested we go for a curry and drinks that evening, so I had a 3 course curry, including a vindaloo which I very much regretted after drinking too much later... And the drinks themselves were over 4000 cals!
  • pianochick5254
    Options
    I have a couple that come to mind..

one time I went to Rallys and ordered a small fry but when I got to the window they started handing me like 3-4 bags of food and I knew it was for the other window but I drove off and sat behind walmart and ate 4 chicken sandwiches, 4 rallyburgers, and 3 orders of fries. It was extremely embarrassing.

I used to order pizza when my parents were out and I would get a medium, an order of breadsticks, and an order of wings and smash them and hide the boxes. I did this probably twice a week until I got caught.

That's really all I can think of right now but I KNOW there have been way more cases. I'm trying to get it under control and I also had issues with bulimia and personally anorexia at a few points.

Now my binges are less food and usually if I'm feeling bingy(?) I will run and grab the peanut butter or lettuce out of the fridge. Something like that and I have totally binged on veggies and the feelings are less shameful at the end. You feel bad for binging but you feel like you can move past it easier. A pound of spinach, 3 cucumbers, 4 tomatoes, and 6 tablespoons of peanut butter isn't going to do as much damage as oreos or icecream. Feel free to add me!
  • the4beatles
    Options
    Once I was under a lot of stress so I ate 8 boiled eggs and 2 bowls of cereal....eww, I hate thinking about it. Man boiled eggs are good though.
  • staringatthesun
    staringatthesun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    gotta say, initially i was kind of upset at the idea of a post that was a "competition" to have the worst binge story because frequently competition just fuels disordered behavior, but reading these responses and seeing how helpful everyone is finding it, i too am now glad this was posted and that everyone is finding so much comfort and hope in knowing that they are not alone!

personally, i'm in recovery from both anorexia and bulimia, and sometimes i forget how awful the shame and isolation of binging really was, and how much i would have valued a post like this when i was at my worst and binging literally all day everyday. so kudos to all of you for pushing aside the shame-monster that just really leads more secrecy and guilt and often more binging -- i love the fact that everyone who posted had the COURAGE to post!! MFP really is such a great resource and support system. don't lose your courage everybody!

a quote:

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
    - Mary Anne Radmacher
  • fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    wow! You sound a lot like me, lol. I also have a gluten sensitivity and I often end up bingeing after eating really well for about 4 days. I recently just binged the past two days, and I am sooo sick of the cycle repeating over and over again... and then having to starve myself for the next couple of days so I dont gain a pound. I'm going to send you a request because I definitely think we can help eachother stay binge free :) Have a great thanksgiving and thanks for sharing!

OMG I know what you mean, I do the exact same thing!
  • Ybul
    Ybul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh God. Where to begin...

Basically last year I went through a stage during which I became depressed, had severe insomnia and struggled with binge eating. I'd only leave the house to get food, wouldn't go to school, talk to people at home. Whole tubs of ice cream, blocks of chocolate, biscuits, chips, donuts...

I'd love to say that I'm over it now, but that's not entirely true; I still struggle with it a bit. It's so frustrating, I've struggled with anorexia before and now this, (although it's improving, it's a slow process!) and I just want to be able to eat like a normal person! I would be so grateful for some support, so please feel free to add me. :)
  • tyleeloo30
    Options
    I'm working on improving, its really hard though. I now don't do it out of stress, but if I've really deprived myself of food on a particular day (just didn't have time or opportunity to eat, not out of forced neglect) then I eat a lot. I usually know it's leading up to a binge, so I try to rationalize it, but with my body craving just about everything it's really hard to control it. I'm going to work on that a little more, hopefully with the holidays over and can work in my proper meals at proper times and not have to go without food for too long and end up with that intense hunger and cravings. I also find that if its a celebration of some sort, I am also inclined more to binge. I don't know why, but I seem to think that it's a celebration, so I can treat myself to eating everything under the moon and then being sick for the next two days. Kinda stupid lol. But I'm going to stop and do better! I have all of my wonderful MFP friends to keep me accountable :)
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    1. December 12th. made cookies for work and bought two bags of chocolate chips. I only needed one for the recipe so I took the other one to my bedroom and ate most of them before making myself pour them in the garbage.
    2. Jan 1 - Ate three butter tarts, a piece of pie, stuffing and another cherry tart. I didn't even like how they tasted by the end but i refused to stop.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My worst binging was in high school. I remember eating an entire bag of snickers minis one day. I remember eating most of a cake another day. I remember hiding food. I remember once being so sick of all the food I ate that I thought of going the bulimic route but 2 things held me back.... 1-I HATE throwing up. Like I've done it only once in the last 17 years. 2-I prayed for help and as I stood in the bathroom thinking about going down the binge/purge route, a friend of mine called. I want to be healthy for when I have kids. I want to be an example. Going through the crappy stuff helps us know how to help others later.
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When I used to work at CVS there was a period where I'd go home every night with armfuls of noodles, cakes, cookies, and candy at the end of my shift. Oh dear lord the candy. So much candy. I would splutter excuses to the coworkers that checked me out, but it was pretty obvious that all those sweets were being demolished by me, myself, and I.

I used to put aside entire nights where I would go home and just stuff my face while watching movies. I would eat until my stomach and ribs hurt, and when I went to bed my stomach ached so bad I couldn't lay on it while sleeping. I had to lay on my back, miserable, until the aching subsided.

Even now I have trouble with it. I did some hardcore grazing during Thanksgiving and Christmas of 2013. I baked two loaves of pumpkin bread and essentially polished off the second loaf all by myself.

One night I remember very vividly. I was driving home from class. I was in the process of quitting smoking, and I still worked at CVS. I stopped by a CVS in the city (not one I worked out) and used my discount to purchase tons and tons of chocolate and candy with the full intention on binging that night. I was quitting smoking, I deserved to binge, right?

I wrestled with myself while shoving peanut butter cups in my mouth the rest of the way home. As I drew closer to home, I went the opposite direction and went to yet ANOTHER CVS (not the one I worked at, again) and returned ALL the candy I just bought (that I hadn't eaten yet while in the car). And then I bought cigs with the refund money. I had decided that being skinny was more important than quitting smoking. Never have I felt such shame.

I have sense quit smoking, and am working on the health and fitness aspect now.
  • tennispiano123
    tennispiano123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey bingers- something you guys should all think about it is STOP RESTRICTING. STOP DIETING. This will lead to more binging and you will be caught in a continuous cycle.

You should also think about why you are binging. What' s upsetting you? Are you stressed? Are you anxious? Why do you feel bad about your body? Do you hate yourself? Stop calorie counting. Stop obsessing.

Accept that you want to binge and instead of telling yourself no allow yourself to eat. You need to eat to fuel your body. Get rid of those crisps, doughnuts, pizzas etc and ask yourself are you hungry? Allow yourself a hard boiled egg, veggies, quinoa etc.. healthy snack. You will be less likely to binge if you don't have that **** around.

I know it's not easy. I have definitely had my nights of binging. I'm currently going on 2 months now of being clean. I realized the base of my problem was that I was starving myself without realizing it. I worked out almost everyday and ate healthily, but I wasn't consuming enough protein as well as calories.
  • Sonyabelle321
    Options
    HA i think i reached my worst food binge on sunday, the day after i visited my boyfriend haha!
    From morning to night...here we go
    -Yogurt with fruit(started out good)
    then on the car ride home...
    -A whole bag of Muddie Buddy Peanut butter and chocolate chex mix (MY FAVORITE)
    -A dunkin donuts brown sugar and cinnamon latte
    -A dunkin donuts blueberry muffin
    - wendys chicken sandwich
    -small fries
    Got Home
    -A cookiedough brownie (hehe)
    -Another cookie dough brownie
    -A slice of Pasta pizza(GAhHH)
    -10 oz Self serve frozen yogurt with TONS of TOPPINGS
    the end :)
  • smilingforjessie
    Options
    Dear lord.... thank you for this thread, I just went through all 3 pages and have felt like I am not alone anymore!

I have always been a food lover and I just love all kinds of food, from clean healthy meals to the very processed junk. When I was younger I used to buy family sized bags of crisps..eat them in one sitting watch a movie or something, this could probably be followed by chocolate..ice cream..and even more. Finishing big tubs of ice cream and bags of sweets! it was crazy. Then somehow I stopped that habit from young and when I started living with my long term ex boyfriend I would 'binge' occasionally on multiple packs of chocolate bars but it wasn't too bad...then NOW recently. Being single and abroad.........its been a vicious vicious cycle....

-This whole week has basically been like a bread week to me. Since monday ive had multiple types of 'buns'...sweet to savoury. in one sitting I would eat like 4-5 types of asian buns. Then followed by that eat really random things. For example today I went to a nice italian place for lunch, salad...fish....bit of bread..THEN after it I went to the bakery and got like a donut, cheesy bread, chocolate donut, cream puffs, chocolate bread and like pineapple biscuits or something....THEN i went to mcdonalds and got medium fries....THEN home I ended up having raspberries. How weird is that?

-The other day I skipped class due to feeling really tired and just out of it. Went and got a tub of ice cream, devoured it all followed by lots and lots of random foods like baked potato blah blah blah.....then next day was even more sick (i suspect i have a dairy intolerance so i am trying to cut dairy to see now)

-Last year I would have days of eating tons of chocolate bars from the vending machine.... snickers..m&ms...crackers you name it, i just kept buying and eating. i would feel terribly sick afterwards as well ugh......thinking about it makes me want to go crazy

-I can also binge on 'healthy' foods as well such as eggs...salads....meats...

-also a lot of the time i would have lunch/dinner out myself..i would have a nice meal then finish it off with more bread from the bakery.....ice cream...then off to a frozen yoghurt parlour for more desert...

-just yesterday i had a whole day of eating non-processed foods..but still overeating....then i ended up going out to the supermarket buying a smallish jar of nutella and a packet of chocolate wafers then devouring it all while going home. AFTERWARDS, I ordered a mcdonalds and had chicken nuggets and a mchicken burger....what the actual hell..

and honestly....there are many more binges thats happened since last year.

Anyway, please stay strong everyone. Today I have finally told one of my best friends about this and I am determined to stop. I know it will be so difficult but im not going to restrict anymore.....im going to learn to love my body and the way i am now, get healthy and stop this behaviour!!!! Please god give me the power!!!!
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • KiserDrums
    Options
    My worst binge story is every day. I tell my family that I'm on a diet. They eat out for dinner all the time. I try to eat healthy by making myself meals. It goes well for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The thing they don't know is that I eat the leftovers when everyone else is in bed. I feel like ****. I'm trying so hard and then this stupid urge comes over me and I cannot control it. I can tell myself that this is wrong and I'm trying to lose weight all I want, but it doesn't stop my brain from wanting this bad food. Why does my body crave things that will destroy it?
  • Sonyabelle321
    Options
    I've posted on here before a few times but i wanna share my binge last! SO I went out and got a large cup of frozen yogurt with all the yummy toppings, then I went to cold stone and got a large cake and shake(Milkshake), then I went to the diner and got a BBQ pulled pork sandwich with cheese with a huge side of french fries, then I went to another ice cream place and got a large cake batter(5 scoops), then I went home and had a kind bar and a meat ball. LMAO
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The topic is old, but I just needed to get this all off my chest. You have no idea how relieving it was for me to read all these comments! I knew I wasn't the only one to have these episodes but I did worry about their magnitude, now I see I'm not alone.
    I have the weirdest binges though, once I binged on powdered milk with sugar and powdered chocolate (without water added, wtf).
    I can't really remember my binges because I have a little of everything (sometimes a lot) so it's just impossible for me to remember everything. Leftover pizza, loads of chocolate, whole bags of cookies, ice cream...
    I do recall about one time eating a couple easter eggs that had long ago expired. I felt so ashamed and so sick.
    I just can't stop and once I start eating I think "what the hell, I've ruined everything anyway, I'll just keep eating until my stomach blasts". I'm afraid it'll happen someday, and it would be a pretty duumb waaay to dieee (so many dumb ways to die).

I'm sick of this cycle, I try to cut it by eating healthy and working out, to feel better about myself, but I just can't stop it. I'm so used to it that I just assume that I will binge again soon. I am actually afraid of social events that involve food. It's truly awful.

I am controlling myself a little bit more though. When I go out I take with me little or no money at all, and I try to keep healthy stuff at home. Lately I've bingeing on healthier food (oatmeal by itself, another weird binge), but I still have lots of carbs all at once and feel like crap afterwards.

I've never talked about this with anyone and it feels so embarrasing. I want to be able to at least open up with my mother, or pretty much anyone, and ask for help. But I just can't.

Anyway, thank you really much for posting this, you have no idea how much it meant to me. <3