I just can't lose weight!

Options
When I lost all of my weight it came off relatively easily and quickly. However, Now that I only have 14lbs to lose, I'm finding it extremely difficult and I've been the same weight for about six months.

I do eat a lot, but I love food and usually make healthy options all the time. I eat frequently and drink gallons of water.

I exercise between four and six times a week, varying between circuit and strength training, spinning, bodyfit classes and interval training on cardio machines, and although I have muscle (hidden beneath stubborn lumpy fat and loose skin) and I'm quite fit, I still can't shift the lbs!

I'd really appreciate it if someone could perhaps have a look at my food diary and perhaps point out where I'm going wrong?

I feel like I'm stuck in a loop and I'm killing myself for nothing.

Ta!

Replies

• weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just flicked through my food diary and it's actually quite bad.. oops!
  • lsiberian
    Options
    The only way to loose weight is by having a calorie deficit. Just make sure you are getting your protein, fiber, and exercise. Chances are you are missing something in your calorie count. Remember you need to adjust your needs for your new weight.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. well you look like you're generally eating pretty well. I noticed you like rice cakes and peanut butter *mmmm* I can't get enough of it myself!

Perhaps try reducing less sugar? A friend of mine went to a NHS nutritionist and she was tested allergies etc, and they told her to cut down on a certain amount of sugar a day. It's much less than what MFP recommends. They told her no more than 15g of sugar. That's tough! I haven't spoken to her in a while [summer hols] but when I do, I can ask her how that's going. When I find out how she controls the sugar intake/what she eats etc I can let you know if you're interested? She's on MFP but she's terrible at inputting and logging in, and the funny thing, she's the one that found this site first.

What I've done recently is pretty much cut down on bread, pasta, cheese and white rice. The last 2 weeks [I think] I've completely cut it out to see what difference it would make. And all I've been eating is quinoa, lentils, lots of fish and lots of veggies for main meals. I hardly eat red meat now. I'm losing quite slowly, but it's staying off which is the most important thing.

Hope you will find a solution :flowerforyou: