I need a good granola bar for snacks !

Options
anyone have any ideas what kind I can buy from the store, that has no sugar, and is good for snacking, I need my sweets, and it used to be candy bars ! now it's granola bars, but I need better still !

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I like fiber one 90 cal chocolate cocoa bars. They have 5 grams of sugar though.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Kashi makes high protein, high fiber granola bars. The only sugar free bar, of any kind, that I can think of from the top of my head is think thin, but they're just protein bars.
  • luedker
    luedker Posts: 2
    Options
    I am pretty sure these have sugar in them but they are full of fiber and I like as a Snack (140 Calories). Fiber One Oats & Chocolate. I also like them because I can buy them at Costco in bulk much cheaper.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Try Lara bars - they're not granola, but fruit and nut-based. All natural, no preservatives or added sugars. (Well, most of them have no added sugars - a few that have chocolate chips in them do, but that's a minority). They're DELICIOUS and I love them for a healthy, convenient snack. They sell them in my local grocery stores, but if you can't find them in your area, check them out on www.larabar.com (You might be able to order them off amazon or stores like that, too)

They aren't low-cal (about 200 cal each, give or take a little), but very good for you if you plan for them in your food diary.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    The only protein bar I will eat is Detour lower sugar protein bar (the rest, IMO, are glorified candy bars). I prefer to eat real food but these are terrific in a pinch.

180 cals
    15 g protein
    16 g carbs
    6 g sugar

Caramel peanut is delish.

http://www.detourbar.com/bars.php?bar_id=original&bar_img=detour_original_cp43.png
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    The only protein bar I will eat is Detour lower sugar protein bar (the rest, IMO, are glorified candy bars). I prefer to eat real food but these are terrific in a pinch.

180 cals
    15 g protein
    16 g carbs
    6 g sugar

Caramel peanut is delish.

http://www.detourbar.com/bars.php?bar_id=original&bar_img=detour_original_cp43.png

Yes!!! I love the Detour Lower Sugar Caramel Peanut bars!! It's like eating a candy bar! YUM!
    They have:
    170 cals
    5g fat
    17g carbs
    2g fiber
    3g sugar
    15g protein
  • rjgonza
    rjgonza Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you tried any of the Nature Valley bars? I love them.
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-nature-valley-crunchy-granola-bars-i57486
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    Have you tried any of the Nature Valley bars? I love them.
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-nature-valley-crunchy-granola-bars-i57486

yea they are pretty good, but loaded with like 12g sugar ,I guess I am doing ok with quaker oats they are 5g and 100 calories per bar.
  • designdevil
    Options
    I eat the Kashi TLC peanut bars and love them tons! I like most granola bars but some are just too dry or so hard I feel like I'm going to break my teeth off eating them. But these Kashi bars are neither dry or unbelievable hard!

140 cal
    90 mg sodium
    4 g fiber
    5 g sugar
    7 g protein
    6% iron

They have other flavors of course...I just like the peanut...more protein :)

Hope you like
  • aantoniou
    Options
    I'm a big fan of KIND bars.. they are all natural -- just fruit and nuts. around 180 calories but you'll get your protein and a natural sugar fix. be careful with sugar-free bars. they replace the sugar with carb fillers, which in the end will make you more hungry.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I know you want something to buy at the store, but have you tried Ellie Krieger Energy bars on foodnetwork.com? They are super easy to make, and the cost is really low. I made only two adjustments to the recipe. First, I use honey instead of syrup, simply because I don't keep syrup in the house. And, I used Costco's dried fruit medley instead of the dates, raisins and other fruits.

The recipe makes 20. I freeze them and take them out when needed. At at 133 calories each, they are a good snack. Finally, I know exactly what is is them. No preservatives.