Regrets, I've had a few....

Options
OllyReeves
OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
I know lots of people like to say, oh I regret nothing in my life, if I had my time over I'd do it exactly the same etc etc, but I don't believe it.

What are your biggest regrets? Just curious...

Mine is that I met the girl I should have married, had a six year relationship with her, and let her go. I think I knew deep down at the time it was a mistake, and she certainly told me it was, but I thought I knew better. She got married a few months ago, and I definitely know now lol. I don't think it's my only regret, but it's certainly the one that's had a huge impact on my life.

Replies

• raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Never looking for my real dad. I think I've left it too long now
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Never living somewhere tropical
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I think regret is a good thing - I think it means we can accept our humanity - that we make mistakes. It's when regrets take hold of our lives that it becomes unproductive.

I regret not admitting I needed professional help when I was a teenager.
    I regret not being more assertive when I was younger and having healthy boundaries.
    I regret not getting that limited edition 673 calories dark chocolate cupcake when I had the chance.

Working on excepting those mistakes and moving forward with what I've learned - never put off getting that cupcake :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Dating my ex. But again, I wouldn't be where I am now if I hadn't... and I'm not bad off. It could have been worse.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Nah, too few to mention.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Letting my anxiety take over my life at college then eventually making me agoraphobic, and now I go out 4 times a week. Not cured though.