How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated?!

Options
For all those who have been losing weight....how do you motivate yourself to get to the gym everyday, to keep making good decisions while eating, resist temptations, and falling back into your old patterns of eating, etc.? I find it hard after the first week or two to keep up with it...and I can't give up this time!

Replies

• AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

It can be hard to keep yourself motivated, but for me, I look at an old picture, about 40 lbs ago! I don't want to be that unhealthy anymore, I didn't want to be miserable anymore either!! When I think back to the way I was to now, its like a new person!!! I heard too, after 21 days of going to the gym, changing your eating habits, it will all seem natural, and it does!! Just keep strong and keep truckin!! :)
  • DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    Options
    you just gotta think about how great you feel after a workout, and once you start losing weight. After a few weeks it gets easier to stick with a workout plan and diet. Do you have a workout buddy or someone you can check in with? It makes it a little easier if there is someone there to hold you accountable for you diet and exericse
  • nia04
    nia04 Posts: 3
    Options
    How I keep myself motivated is in two parts, one from myself and one not. For the one from myself I made a list of quotes that remind me of my goals and how much I want to lose the weight. That goes with me every time I go to work out. Secondly I found a gym with a really good personal training department. I cannot count on one hand the amount of times I've told the director of personal training I quit. Even when I give up on myself they haven't given up on me