late night snack ideas?

Options
I have a serious late night snack issue. I try to save up all my calories so I don't go over. (I go over alot) I portion things and try to stay under 100 calories per snack. My favorite is diet hello with light whipped cream, 15 total calories. I get salty and sweet cravings. Does anyone have any good or creative snack ideas, or ways to curb the craving?

Thanks Deborah. Under 10 labs to go!

Replies

• rosemary98
    Options
    I love 100 calorie pop-secret popcorn (or variations thereof). pre-measured and salty. you could also add some stevia to sweeten and make like a kettle corn.
  • debbiesweety
    Options
    Thanks, I will try that the next time I go to stock my snack drawer
  • sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Smoothies. Smoothies. Smoothies.

My basic ingredients always are: Low fat french curd cheese (I think Americans always use greek yoghurt, tastes the same) and oatmeal. Mix in whatever fruit you like!

Lots of protein, carbs and o-so tasty! Your body needs the protein when you're asleep :)
  • Panda307
    Panda307 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I feel like night time is the worst! I find it easy to eat healthy all day, but when night time hits forget about it! Here are some suggestions that help me sometimes: Popsicles, yogurt, a bowl of fresh fruit, a cup of tea, or a cup of 1% chocolate milk
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I love eating cottage cheese with a bit of honey.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I like saltines and pickles. The pickle is nothing, and Saltines are about 10 calories apiece.
  • badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    veggie straws are very good and about 130 calories per serving (38 straws per serving)

http://www.sensibleportions.com/#/content_home
  • gafs20
    gafs20 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love having a muller light toffee flavour with banana chopped up in it, yum!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Veggie straws, popcorn chips with salsa or guacamole, sliced veggies (also with salsa or guacamole), 100-calorie popcorn bags, and nut thins are my favorite salty snacks. For sweet I usually do either cottage cheese with a little honey and nutmeg or the Yoplait Greek frozen yogurt bars, but I'm not a huge sweets fan most of the time.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i always need something sweet - i have found drinking a cup of herbal tea in a fruit flavor and eating a handful of almonds gets rid of the need for dessert. try upping the protien at night too - look into a good quality protien powder, maybe and break out the blender??
  • Feather1991
    Options
    I always cut an apple into pieces en put it in the oven, it's delicious and healthy!
    also try a hand full of nuts (pistachios or almonds are the best choice if you're on a diet) or dried fruits
    or small wholewheat crackers with smoked salmon.

hope I could help!:)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I second pickles!
  • Kestrel45
    Options
    100-calorie popcorn bags are my savior these days ^_^ So yummy and you get actually a good amount, too

If not, like others said, slices fruit with either greek yoghurt or cottage cheese, and add a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    If I'm totally out of calories for the day, a whole bag of mixed greens is about 30 cal. Eat it like a bag of chips. :)
  • trhousenger
    trhousenger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and/or hard boiled egg!
  • jluyt
    jluyt Posts: 7
    Options
    Diet soda. With the gas it makes you feel full and the sweetness is a plus, all at zero cals. Also protein powder, isolate with water, not milk.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Diet soda. With the gas it makes you feel full and the sweetness is a plus, all at zero cals. Also protein powder, isolate with water, not milk.

Same with sparkling waters c:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Most of the time...ok ALL of the time, I'm not hungry...just craving.

So I have hot green tea with a flavored teabag (usually mint or mint chocolate) with a half to a tablespoon of honey. There isn't enough caffeine to keep me up. You could also find caffeine-free. I just want something sweet at night. If I want something a bit more substantial; skim milk, cocoa powder, and a truvia...you can do this for about 150 cals.
  • debbiesweety
    Options
    Cooked oatmeal? Dry, instant?