New Gym, New Start

Options
Well, I’m determined to get into shape. I need to lose about 50lb to get down to my ideal weight. I work full time in an office so that means sitting down a lot of the time. In my spare time I help run a dog rescue charity and this takes up most evenings and weekends.

My diet isn’t too bad although it could be improved. I do manage to get in my 5 a day but sometimes it is a case of just grabbing something quick and the fact that my portions could do with cutting down.

I’ve been going to a gym regularly (about 3-4 times a week) for about a year now however, I’ve not lost any weight. I have maintained so the gym is obviously counter balancing the diet.

The gym I have been going to is a small ladies only gym. It’s a family run business and is local to me. Morning is the only time that I know I can regularly make it and this gym opened at 7am so I would be there for opening. One of the problems was I could only stay for a maximum of 45 minutes as I had to be back home to get showered and ready for work at 9am. Because the gym was small it didn’t have enough showers facilities so it was easier to just come home.

At the end of October my gym changed its opening times and now opens at 8am. This means I can’t make it anymore as that’s too late for me to go. Now I wouldn’t say I was one of those people that loved exercise or anything like that, in fact I would say it was more of a chore. I have to drag my backside there but afterwards I do feel good. As a result it has really surprised me as I’ve really missed the gym.

Luckily we’ve got a new one opening which is just as close. It’s one of those Xercise4Less gyms so will be half the price I was paying and it opens at 6am. It isn’t due to open until 14th December and I can’t wait until it does. I can now get there for 6.15am which isn’t any hardship as Im normally up anyway and I can stay there longer. I think this is exactly what I need to start losing weight.

There are over 40 classes a week and I’m thinking of starting Spinning and also Body Pump. Im really looking forward to it :D

Replies