I did the 10K!!!!

Options
I was so nervous about my first 10K which was last Saturday, 8/14th but I am back and proud to say I completed the whole thing- without a walk break! This is the first time I have ever ran over 4 miles straight and I did the entire 6.2! Yippee! My time is not the fastest- 1:01:35, but I am still very proud! When I started running last fall, I couldn't make it the end of the block and now I have completed a 5K and a 10K and more importantly, lost 25 pounds! YEAH!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to brag a little. Thanks for all of your support on MFP letting me know I could do it.

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT!! Congratulations!!

I'm working on building up to a 10K at the moment -- completed Couch to 5K, working on Bridge to 10K currently. First run (4 miles) scheduled for next month and a 5K race scheduled for October. Next goal, a 10K.

Again, congrats!!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a GREAT time! Wooooooooo! :flowerforyou:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, congrats!
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    Congratulations! And that is a great time for a first 10K!!!! Way to go!
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    W-T-G!
  • kimandal99
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!!!!! I am still so excited about it and shocked that I could do it!!!!!!!! Half marathon next? Just kidding!
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    Congrats! Been trying to talk myself into running one - starts next weekend. I have ran one in "training" and the fastest I have been able to do is 1.11 - so not sure I should enter yet lol