Do you guys think my diet plan is good enough?

Options
Breakfast : 1 cup of cereal [ Special K or cheerios] with one cup of milk and half cup of tea with milk with half spoon of brown sugar

Lunch : 2 rotis
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapati
with lentil curry
http://mobile.eatingwell.com/recipes/indian_mango_dal.html
[ without mangos ] and a spoon of yogurt

Snack : a fruit with coffee with a little milk and like six digestive biscuits
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/parle-digestive-marie-99933708

Or on Tuesdays inwould have a go kashi lean protein bar or half of protein shake [ muscle milk or Naked)

Dinner : 2 egg omelette with onions chillies a little salt some pepper and red chillinpowder in a little bit of oil with two whole wheat breads

For workout ill do some Jillian Micheal DVDs

Is this good enough? I lost 11 pounds in two months by doing this

Replies

• rileyhall00
    Options
    It doesn't sound like enough food IMO.

What is your daily calorie target?

Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • MinazB101
    Options
    Its 1200 calories :-) what donu think i should add something which is simple
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    Height weight age?

How often do u workout / how long (mins)
  • MinazB101
    Options
    Well im 140 pounds and workout for about 40 minutes a day i do Jillian Michaels DVDs [ killer buns and thighs ripped in 30 etc ] and my height is 5'6 :-)
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    Breakfast : 1 cup of cereal [ Special K or cheerios] with one cup of milk and half cup of tea with milk with half spoon of brown sugar
    I'd add a banana or something to that brekky. It'll be better for you and add ±50cals. Also that half a spoon of brown might as well be none :) if you can do it. I went from 2ts in my coffee to 1ts and now none.
    Lunch : 2 rotis
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapati
    with lentil curry
    http://mobile.eatingwell.com/recipes/indian_mango_dal.html
    [ without mangos ] and a spoon of yogurt

Seems fine, I loving my wholemeal wraps atm, bit of tuna or chicken, salad. bit of mayo. all up ±280cals. Try greek yogurt too, its great stuff.
    Dinner : 2 egg omelette with onions chillies a little salt some pepper and red chillinpowder in a little bit of oil with two whole wheat breads

I'd personally swap the bread out for some protein, either chicken or tuna. Again I'm a huge fan of my tuna omelettes. I can easily get nearly 40gs protein in me. Protein takes longer to process in your body so it haves a better effect throughout your day.
  • MinazB101
    Options
    Thank you so much ! I'll try adding these options :-)
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    Well im 140 pounds and workout for about 40 minutes a day i do Jillian Michaels DVDs [ killer buns and thighs ripped in 30 etc ] and my height is 5'6 :-)

Mina, You are a healthy weight for your height :D What are you doing trying to lose weight? What are your goals? Muscle development? Body fat% loss?

Is that workout every day of the week or just 3-4days?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    6 digestive biscuits seems a little odd.
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would personally add a lot more vegetables. Like the snack, I would do veggie and hummus instead of digestives (which offer essentially no nutrition) As well, I would add fruit to your breakfast.

My fitness pal offers a complete breakdown of your nutrition (I do not base everything on calories) Look at fiber, calcium, protein and iron to be fulfilled. Keeping those in mind helps you make better choices.
  • MinazB101
    Options
    I dont know why but i feel so much better when i eat healthy and excersise and when i eat junk and dont workout i feel horrible and fat.
  • rileyhunter169
    Options
    Away with meal plans; you should be getting a variety of different foods each day. Sounds like to me that you can add ~100-300 calories; the golden rule for calories; "consume as many calories as you can while losing weight at a decent rate" Eric Helms 3DMJ coach; which improves muscle retention and performance gain. A pound a week should be what you are aiming for; rapid fat loss is okay for no longer than a month and if you are weight training. If you don't do heavy resistance training you'll just lose muscle on this deficit reducing RMR. But good job so far; so much so that your going too hard too fast; not enough variety in the diet; then also; starting strength (google it) would also help.
  • RebeccaC2410
    RebeccaC2410 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How do you manage stay under your calories having 6 digestive biscuits, there's 71 cals in each :O
  • MinazB101
    Options
    Omg nooo lol the ones i eat only has 25 cals :-)
  • lisakay0x
    lisakay0x Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Mina, You are a healthy weight for your height :D What are you doing trying to lose weight? What are your goals? Muscle development? Body fat% loss?

^^awh comments like this make my heart happy!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

^^awh comments like this make my heart happy!

It's not just a comment, though.... they are unanswered questions.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I need the brand of those digestive biscuits!
  • MinazB101
    Options
    Parle Marie digestive biscuits and there so cheap! :-)