Counter?

mamashrub110
mamashrub110 Posts: 18
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
so when you are doing your daily counts, do you enter in house cleaning as a cardio or is it just included in your calories? Or is it calulated as if you dont do anything at all and just veg?

Replies

• tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    anything out of the ordinary can be counted,if you clean house everyday you should probably change from sedentary to the next level,or if it's pretty strenuous you could probably count it,specially if you have an HRM.

Otherwise,I would just kinda keep it in the back of my head and stick with the norm.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    A lot of people do, but I never have
  • yeah I think I'll just keep it in the back of my mind. My energy level varies from day to day, so even though I do clean my house everyday, it can be anything from just doing my dishes and the standard tidy, to a total power through. And I dont want to put it in as an activity and just be lying to myself :S
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Just doing the routine I don't count it. When I got the bathroom ready for painting I did! Spent nearly 3 hours washing walls, celing, scrubbed (no magic sprays) the tub/shower and the floor (on my knees with a scrubbie). I counted that as 1 hour cleaning vigorous effort. I worked up a good sweat, I earned it. When I go grocery shopping and walk around the parking lot twice before I go in I count that as 30 min of walking. It isn't exactly safe in my neighborhood to walk alone so I do it in a public place.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    so when you are doing your daily counts, do you enter in house cleaning as a cardio or is it just included in your calories? Or is it calulated as if you dont do anything at all and just veg?

I only enter exercise that I do out of the norm. ie when I go on my treadmill or when I go for a long walk as my exercise session for that day.

All other stuff, I leave, cleaning, ironing, going to the loo etc etc etc.
This discussion has been closed.