Wandering Brits and Canadians

Options
2»

Replies

• adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Y'all all eating your turkey and getting drunk while we're at work.

Not fair :sad:

what day do you guys have besides Christmas? Boxer day?

Boxing Day.....big sales like your black Friday. I think it's really just a day to clean up the mess from Christmas day lol

Ugh Boxing Day isn't a holiday, it's an errand/ cleaning/ shopping day disguised as a holiday. Worst. Holiday. Ever.

Awe, need a gluttonous drunk holiday that youre thankful for

Yes, yes we do :love:
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Brit here :drinker: and I am most certainly not scared.:laugh:
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    PS... as a Canadian I love the USA, I can't stand the American bashing, and as always a thanks to the US military for doing what you do for my Canadian family!

I have been lucky enough to visit Canada and the US; both awesome in their own ways :) must say tho I think you guys have it tough when it comes to healthy eating/diets - there seem to be food outlets everywhere, and portion sizes are mahoosive!!
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    Options
    Im a brit, no one is scarier than me in the morning!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Y'all all eating your turkey and getting drunk while we're at work.

Not fair :sad:

what day do you guys have besides Christmas? Boxer day?

Boxing Day.....big sales like your black Friday. I think it's really just a day to clean up the mess from Christmas day lol

Ugh Boxing Day isn't a holiday, it's an errand/ cleaning/ shopping day disguised as a holiday. Worst. Holiday. Ever.

Didn't used to be this...uses to be a day of (the day after xmas) when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts from their bosses or employers, known as a "Christmas box". Hence the name "Boxing Day."

But then, look what has happened to Thanksgiving...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Canadians have Thanksgiving AND Boxing Day. *smug*
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    American here. Very happy American because her sports team won for the first time in 10 years (they always play on Thanksgiving). Although I'm in the middle of the ocean right now, so it doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving as I know it. But any excuse to hang out with friends and for my hubby to have the day off!