When Did You Decide to Quit Logging?

Options
I am 105 days in and have faithfully logged each day and have always tried to make sure I logged everything I consumed. I rarely weigh or measure but do on occasion when I am eating something I don't normally eat so I can get a good perspective on how much and how many calories. I have lost 36 of the 40 pounds I want to lose and I have learned how to eat. I still eat what I want but less and not as often. As of today I think I will no longer log my food, I have a fitbit scale so I will still weigh everyday to make sure I am keeping my weight in check.

Wondering what others have done, have you continued to log after you have figured out how to eat? If you did quit logging when did you decide it was time to do so?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have no plans on ever stopping.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm at 425 days and no plans to stop. Even at over a year in, I still have days where I don't pay too much attention to what I eat and later on only after logging do I realize how much I actually consumed.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I am 105 days in and have faithfully logged each day and have always tried to make sure I logged everything I consumed. I rarely weigh or measure but do on occasion when I am eating something I don't normally eat so I can get a good perspective on how much and how many calories. I have lost 36 of the 40 pounds I want to lose and I have learned how to eat. I still eat what I want but less and not as often. As of today I think I will no longer log my food, I have a fitbit scale so I will still weigh everyday to make sure I am keeping my weight in check.

Wondering what others have done, have you continued to log after you have figured out how to eat? If you did quit logging when did you decide it was time to do so?

There's a 95% failure rate for long term weight loss success. I will never stop logging in some way, though I may eventually cut back and do more of spot checking. I also weigh myself every day and will continue to do that for the rest of my life.