marathon training to slinkiness!

Options
Hi,
I have just joined today in preperation for a gruelling seven months of training to do the London Marathon in April for Kidney Research. I hope this keeps me in check as part of my motivation is to lose some weight. I must balance my diet and make sure I am eating enough.... and the right things!!
One thing I find really annoying is that I often struggle to lose weight when exercising due to 'bulking up' muscles.
I would like to lose 24lbs really but have set myself a goal of 17lbs.
Fingers crossed.
Best wishes all.
Becks

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That is soooo great! I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in November. Best wishes to you! :flowerforyou:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :) Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

I'm currently working my way up to 10K, and I have my first ever run next month (4 miles) and a 5K race in October. Next, I'd love to sign up for a 10K run/race, and then from there progress to a half marathon and then a full marathon eventually. I absolutely LOVE running now, and to think back in February of this year I was lucky to make it 60 seconds without getting completely winded!

Best of luck to you on your training, and best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra