my workout plan - am i planning right? critics are welcome

Options
2»

Replies

• Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If you only have 30 minutes a day, dedicate the majority of your days to lifting weights.

You will look better lifting 4-5 days a week instead of doing cardio those days.

make sense, i really need to replan my entire week i guess

Another reason I suggested you lift more than you do cardio is because you only have 30 minutes. An adequate (imo) weight lifting session is about an hour. Seems you only have half that time a day, you're going to need to make up for it by lifting twice as often.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i would suggest stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just go for programs that have already been vetted and where people are actually the same results you want. check out new rules of lifting for women, starting strength or strong lifts

i follow that on other 2 days, i really liked "new rules of lifting for women" very informative

1. Then perhaps you should follow the routines from the book, because what you've designed is very hodge podge.

2. Riding a bike with weights is a great way to decrease the efficiency of two things at once.

3. There's really not enough work on this current routine that a rest day is something I'd be worried about.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    lifting weights on the bike is just weird because it means that you're more than likely not going to be able to get a good enough workout either from the bike or from the weights because you're trying to do them at the same time. so basically your intensity will more than likely be so reduced that you wont get any benefit fitness wise.
    on the contary, i really get a good workout that i feel sore next day, while i take rest from dumbbels my legs are paddling bike vigrously, and during lifting i am paddling slow

DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) is not a way to measure a workout. Just putting that out there.

ETA: And I agree with Dav. You have the NROLFW book and say you like the info and routines you read...so why not just follow that?
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Fit_Lean_Priya Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    lifting weights on the bike is just weird because it means that you're more than likely not going to be able to get a good enough workout either from the bike or from the weights because you're trying to do them at the same time. so basically your intensity will more than likely be so reduced that you wont get any benefit fitness wise.
    on the contary, i really get a good workout that i feel sore next day, while i take rest from dumbbels my legs are paddling bike vigrously, and during lifting i am paddling slow

DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) is not a way to measure a workout. Just putting that out there.

ETA: And I agree with Dav. You have the NROLFW book and say you like the info and routines you read...so why not just follow that?

because i thought doing a mix of everything might give better results, all these posts are making sense to me, i really need to change my plan now
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options

because i thought doing a mix of everything might give better results, all these posts are making sense to me, i really need to change my plan now

You can do cardio just about anywhere (as seen from the walks you take on your break from work). You should give yourself time to lift when in the gym. If you only have 30 minutes each time, then do only compound lifts. Or try to make more time. You do want to do a mix of cardio and strength training, but what you have right now isn't that.
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    You can do cardio just about anywhere (as seen from the walks you take on your break from work). You should give yourself time to lift when in the gym. If you only have 30 minutes each time, then do only compound lifts. Or try to make more time. You do want to do a mix of cardio and strength training, but what you have right now isn't that.

yes i get that, i will follow my book of new rules of lifting for woman
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    NROLFW Workout A - done yesterday
  • PositiveBody
    PositiveBody Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Do you get enough sleep at night? What is the normal amount of sleep you get?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Saywut?