FitBit User with 99 pounds to lose!!!

Options
Looking amazing on my wedding day is a huge motivator for me. I have my FitBit charging and as of tomorrow I am focusing on eating better, working out and getting healthy. Been a member of MFP for awhile but never focused wholeheartedly on it. Looking for people to chat with and go through this with. Feel free to add me.

Start Weight: 259.2
Goal Weight: 160
Pounds to Lose: 99
Wedding Date: 5/15/15

:smile:

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You can do ANYTHING by 2015. You got this! Count all your calories and really consciously make an effort to improve yourself and you will do it.
  • malimisko
    malimisko Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    how tall are you ?
  • Gennybunny96
    Gennybunny96 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, what fitbit do you have? I have a fitbit one and I love it. I've kind of fallen off track and need a good kick in the bum. I lost 40lbs since July 1st but this last month, I've gained a bunch back. I will officially weigh in tomorrow morning but I am not going to be surprised by my big gain. I would love it if you added me as a friend and we can really motivate each other. I have about 80lbs to lose.
  • GiGiNow
    Options
    Hi Nancy! I ordered my FitBit flex today, and signed in to MFP for the first time in many, many months. We have similar goals...looking forward to getting serious about nutrition and fitness. Ready to start the nutrition part tomorrow morning. Good luck to us! Hopefully, we'll keep in touch here. GiGi
  • Teeganv85
    Teeganv85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy ! I have just recently got a fitbit too and trying to figure out how to use it! I would love to be your friend on here and on fitbit! :)
  • Stacier1972
    Stacier1972 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy (and others that have replied)

I got the Fitbit One and really like it. Love that it links to MFP. It has actually been the reason I have gotten off my butt lately. I like being able to see in real time where I am for movement for the day. I like seeing what calories I have consumed, and then burned. It has been an eye opener, for the amount of food I didn't know, or didn't want to admit I have been eating. The LAZY side of me, I am needing to get motivated and change.

I too would love to have more friends here on MFP and on Fitbit. Anyone feel free to add me. I would love to be supportive and get support at the same time.

I am 41, 5'6, 230 pounds. I weighed my lowest as an adult ever in 2005, of 145. I have gained 60 in the last 2 years. So being back to 160 I would be thrilled! But right now, first step. to be under 200!! After that I will set a long term goal. Small goals to start work better me. But I am looking to lose no less than 70.

Please add me! Here on MFP or on Bitift //www.fitbit.com/user/28XHV4

And Nancy, you will do great. Your wedding is a great motivator, and you will make friends here and Fitbit that will be with you every step of the way. Best to you always!!

Stacie
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a fitbit so would love to know how you're getting on with it...read some reviews that don't think it tracks accurately...
    How you finding it?
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I definitely want a fitbit but am hanging out until the fitbit force is available in Australia. From all reports it should be early 2014, a shame it could not be before Christmas, I know it would have found its way into many many christmas stockings :)
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One. I bought it the day i signed up here and also joined a gym. You can see from my ticker the results so far - I'm about 1lb from half way to my target I just realised. My Fitbit has been key for me as it it acts as a little voice nagging me to move more. I now make sure where possible I walk to peope's desks to speak to them rather than phone or email, I try to get at least a short walk in at lunch (weather permitting), I even try to use the bathroom on a different floor both at work & home!

Congrats on the wedding and I'm sure you can get to or near target by the big day. One piece of advise, if you don't mind, I lost about 90lbs for my wedding over a similar timescale to your planning. The end goal was the wedding. I got where I wanted to be and the big day was brilliant so in my head it was 'job done' so what happened next was over the next 5+ yeasr I gained it all back plus some (and the some being alot!). use the wedding as a major milestone but not the end goal. Find a lifestyle change to help you lose weight that's maintainable rather than feel like your making sacrifices for the wedding. Believe me, looking back now I wish I'd done this!

The very best of luck and if you want to add me feel free :)