4,000 calories in ONE day. What do I do?

Options
I'm 5'0, 95 pounds, and 21 years old. I have had Bulimia since age 11 (Which I'm currently getting help for)
However, I relapsed and have been eating 500 calories or less for the last, say, week and a half. Today I was surrounded by all of the Thanksgiving temptations and I binged, eating AT LEAST 4,000 calories in one meal.. I'm so tempted to run for the next 3 hours and fast for 2-3 days. I won't, I know it's just part of the Bulimia.. So what is the healthy approach to this? Thank you!

I already see a psychiatrist and will be going to see a nutritionist this week.

Replies

• mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    go see a psychiatrist?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Be glad that you got a good number of calories into you and aiming for at least your maintenance rate.

Unless you are 4' tall, you will be damaging yourself being 95lb - you WILL be doing long term damage to at least your bones, if not your organs too.

Get professional help, please :o))
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Do you have anyone to talk to right now? Get you mind off food and your body. I'm glad you are seeing a psychiatrist I hope you can talk about this moment with him/her.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Think of it as something you did for your health. When you've been eating so little, it will honestly be good for you th have eaten that much!
  • MissBelle777
    Options
    Thank you all so much <3 It means a lot to see that people care. I feel much better now! And Happy Thanksgiving! <3:)!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I have BED and i've had more than that in one meal. (well....sitting)
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0, 95 pounds, and 21 years old. I have had Bulimia since age 11 (Which I'm currently getting help for)
    However, I relapsed and have been eating 500 calories or less for the last, say, week and a half. Today I was surrounded by all of the Thanksgiving temptations and I binged, eating AT LEAST 4,000 calories in one meal.. I'm so tempted to run for the next 3 hours and fast for 2-3 days. I won't, I know it's just part of the Bulimia.. So what is the healthy approach to this? Thank you!

I already see a psychiatrist and will be going to see a nutritionist this week.

Then I would wait until you talk to both your psychiatrist and nutritionist. The healthy way is to call it a day, acknowledge it happened and move on. That's the basic answer. But honestly, you are dealing with a disorder and no one here is really qualified or legally able to really give you an "approach" for you to take.

The best thing is to wait to talk to those trained to help you with this.

Best of luck.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Apply math. (I don't know if it's the "healthy" thing, but it's the logical thing.)
    500 calories a day for a week and a half (let's call that 10 days) = 5000 calories for 10 days
    Add 4000 calories for today and you have 9000 calories for 11 days. That's still averaging under 900 calories a day over the last 11 days, so you don't need to reduce consumption or add extra exercise to make up for today. Presumably if you're seeing a nutritionist and a doctor, you have a target goal you're shooting for that's more than 900 calories a day. It seems like a reasonable goal would be to try to hit the target you've been given tomorrow.
  • conqkm11
    Options
    People with bulimia tend to overestimate the calories in foods btw I doubt that u ate 4000 calories PER meal at your Body weight and height coz if u did .. U were going to have a carb coma and sleep\pass out .. U just ate it maintenance calories or maybe slightly more .. U will feel as if u ate alot coz at 500 caloris per day ur body shuts down reducing ur appetite and tightens up ur stomach to get through the day .. So when u start eating a large volume of food it's like bowling up water and food is the heat