Help! Officially tired of my belly fat!

Options
I've always had issues w/ my tummy, but I just had a baby and my stomach is now about to take over the world.
I'm already doing a reasonable amount of Cardio (Treadmil everyday for 40mins.), and I start kickboxing classes next week. Does anyone have any advice or idea on how to tone up a postpartum belly??

Replies

• 4everMyself
    Options
    if your a music person, you should try turbo jam. you can lose more than 1000 cal. an hour! i haven't tried it yet, but i will soon!
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    I've heard about Turbo Jam. I'm looking forward to trying that as soon as I finish the 30 Day Shred.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    This isn't specific to belly fat but more in relation to fat burning in general. Rather than doing 40 mins on the treadmill everyday you could try HIIT cardio training as not only does it burn calories during exercise, it also burns extra calories for several hours afterwards raising your RMR which is a great thing. It's quicker in duration and the benefits are much greater although it's hard work. Have a look at the link below.

http://www.intervaltraining.net/Interval_Training_for_Fat_Loss.html

:smile:
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    Do a search for imagymrat's posting on post partum belly exercises. She is a trainer. Really great ideas. Good luck.
  • tatey2009
    Options
    keep on with the cardio but also get some core training in to stregthen the deep muscles in your belly.

exercises like the plank, side plank will get you started but get a trainer or look online for more and do them daily. you will shake to start with but this means you have engaged your core so shaking is good!!!
  • jharryiadcart
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys! :-) The reason I hadn't been focusing on core training is because my lower stomach was still a little sore. No, I didn't have a C-Sec. but for those of you with kids know how it is, it takes a while. So needless to say I've been taking it slow (I'm 10wks PP). Since I start my kickboxing classes next week, I'll try to sneak in some core exercises on the days I don't go to class, maybe some planks. Again, thanks for all the suggestions!
  • Mookz0r
    Mookz0r Posts: 143
    Options
    ach, I feel for you!

Just remember, "they" do say 9 months on, 9 months off, and that's actually a good guide (if slightly hopeful!). You'll notice your tummy shrink over the next few weeks and it'll be almost back to normal at around 6 months PP, if not before. 10 weeks is still very early!

If you're breastfeeding, continue to do so, because this burns an extra 300-500 calories a day and as long as you don't compensate with chocolate cake (like I did) then that should help.

Lastly, bear in mind that you've still got lots of pregnancy hormones swilling around doing funny things to your body. Watch out for "overdoing" it or (touch wood) injury because the Relaxin is still at work on your ligaments and they're a bit stretchier than normal.

I hope this helps!