Is my height/weight considered cute or unattractive?

Options
Ignore this post.

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Why are you still trying to lose 16 pounds on your ticker...?
  • MissBelle777
    Options
    Eh.. I didn't realize I was to be quite honest. I'm trying to gain at the moment.
  • ThePlight
    Options
    Oh okay, because I nearly fell out my chair! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That's a relief to hear :)

Edit: Can't really see your bodytype, tbh + you're sucking your stomach in?
  • MissBelle777
    Options
    Lol that's why I included my measurements. That's my only body picture I have, I'll take a better one later.. And no, not sucking in. Just 11 years of bulimia/anorexia has made my body very.. Strange.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If that's you in your profile picture I'd say worryingly thin. And I wouldnt find it attratctive as an aspirational picutre either, particularly if you're trying to gain some weight.

Sorry, but you did say you wanted honesty.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I dont think there is any type of ratio to height and weight that MAKES you attractive.
    It all depends on how you carry yourself, work on feeding your body, some weight training will also help you boost those sexy curves!

So sorry yeah I dont have a straight answer for you,
    But looked at your profile pics of your face and you are gorgeous!

Work on your self confidence, love yourself, keep at your goals and the rest will follow :flowerforyou:
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    As you are really slim now, the type is perfect! You´ll become more balanced all over after a time.

But why should someone avoid that type of body? It´s the cutest kind of all I think. Much better than a streak or a bowl one :laugh:
  • ThePlight
    Options
    As you are really slim now, the type is perfect! You´ll become more balanced all over after a time.

But why should someone avoid that type of body? It´s the cutest kind of all I think. Much better than a streak or a bowl one :laugh:
    Because she's trying to be healthy.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Is my body type cute

No. This body type is cute:
    guinea-pig.jpg
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and 95 pounds, and 21 years old. I'm in the process of gaining some muscle and recovering from Bulimia.
    I have a small weight, but my waist is 23" and my hips/busts are 31. I do have an hourglass figure. My legs aren't fat, but they are the majority of my weight, lol. All of the muscle I have is in my legs. :-)
    I'm currently working on my confidence. :blushing: But I want honest opinions! :) Is my body type cute or is it the type that you'd avoid if possible? Don't be sensitive with me, be truthful. Thank you! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Why are you posting about wanting to gain muscle and needing to gain weight and then posting this on another thread? You need to get your mindset right. You can't focus on recovery and worry about being thin simultaneously. Who cares if you are cute if you are saying you can't pour your own milk on cereal? Get healthy in your brain and in your body and then worry about how you look!
  • MissBelle777
    Options
    Thank you. :blushing: I was honestly looking for a guy's answer. Not for the attention, but because I get stared at quite a lot and I've always taken it as a judgmental stare. I never considered that they may have been staring for other reasons. :laugh: I'm working on gaining a tiny bit of weight, not too much. I kind of like being mini. I get picked up and carried a lot. :laugh:
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I think defining your self worth so much based on how your body is being perceived can't be healthy for recovering from anorexia and bulimia nervosa. Take care of yourself first and foremost.
  • MissBelle777
    Options
    I'm building up my confidence because if I feel like I'm attractive, I won't feel like I'm "too fat" for food. The more confident I am in myself, the easier it'll be to quit believing the negative thoughts that roam through my mind. I'm working on the getting physically healthier, but I'd like to love myself a little in the process. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Look, if you're trying to recover from ED, I'm not sure getting in the internet and asking stranger's opinions about your body is the best way to go about it.

Recovery is about learning to love yourself. Someone will always be able to find a flaw in you, and no matter how good you look, there will be people out there that you are not their cup of tea.

I know this sounds harsh, but I don't think what you are doing here will help you, in the end.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Focus on strength training. Then you can pick up the guys who pick you up. You'll feel awesome. And look awesome.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm building up my confidence because if I feel like I'm attractive, I won't feel like I'm "too fat" for food. The more confident I am in myself, the easier it'll be to quit believing the negative thoughts that roam through my mind. I'm working on the getting physically healthier, but I'd like to love myself a little in the process. :smile:
    yo

Whatever floats your boat. I would talk this through with your medical/mental health support group assuming you have one. I know posting on these forums has never been what's helped me with binging. Talking to a professional has.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options

You need to stop worrying about your looks. You are never going to be cute enough for people because people all like different things. Worry about making your own breakfast and what your body can do. Your confidence needs to come from YOU not from others. If you need it to come from others, you will never be happy...unless you are an exotic dancer and you build confidence from cash (not saying that sarcastically but because I am in an industry where I know many exotic dancers who make a lot of money trying to figure out if they're cute or not).
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Because she's trying to be healthy.

Yes, I know. But I don´t think on the weight status but on the form. And that´s a very cute one.
  • MissBelle777
    Options
    Ei. I had no idea I'd get so many comments like this. I know you're all just looking out for me and my well being, and I'm very thankful for it. I don't expect you to understand my thought process at all, because not even I truly understand it to be honest. I suppose you're right. But when your only thoughts on yourself are negative, it does sometimes help to be told otherwise by someone other than yourself. But enough with the rambling, my apologies. :flowerforyou:
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You are cute, and you would still be cute even if you were heavier, actually. No one's "cute enough" for food, food is not there to make you pretty. I happened to understand this way too late, but in the end that's true. When you have an eating disorder you would pretty much do anything to feel better, and you come that point in which you really believe that your body is the reason things are not going well in your life, but trust me, people don't even care that much about it. Especially guys. I know how it feels to think bad about yourself, but in the end, we're so full of self-hate and stereotypes that we forget that normal people don't look for models and don't actually find you attractive only if you're thin, well-dressed and available.
    You might want to lose or gain weight, or do whatever you want to feel better, but this is not going to make you prettier. We're all already pretty on here, even the ones who haven't lost a single pound yet.