I quit smoking!

Options
Today is my 6th day without nicotine in my system, also without alcohol in my system. Needless to say I have a problem with over indulging on mind altering substances (that includes food and caffeine). I hate to admit it, but I'm an average American consumer.

However, I feel as though I'm on the right path and I can commend myself for getting through Thanksgiving without some rum in my eggnog. Today has been 100% organic and vegan and also coffee and sugar free. I already feel more lucid and clear, you seriously are what you consume, and I don't want to be a spiked, candy coated, cigarette butt.

P.S: Even though cigarettes suppress your appetite, they're unattractive in more ways than weight problems.

Replies

• W8G0
    W8G0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and that's a great first post!
  • patsyacs
    patsyacs Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    congrats on a great s tart! keep up the good work.
  • motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is great it is the start of something wonderful! I am a former smoker myself and having tried many times I can finally say I am a non smoker now.
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well done! I am coming up to my 10th year smoke free...

I would say try not to give too many things up at once, it'll be hard to say the least. Maybe have a drink or two and even some of that pumpkin pie, but moderation is key.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck with reaching your goals. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago now and can tell you as time goes on it does get easier!

All the best