Black Friday - Yes I would like to purchase a DNA upgrade!

Options
Madame_Goldbricker
Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
Pretty much what it says on the tin. I come from a seventh generation of frankly Amazonian women. All hold a City & Guilds qualification in filling slinky underwear, & they come in a charming variety of skintones.... So why the frick am I dumpy, pale, & wrestling a crop top to the god damn ground?!!.. Today I'm waving my returns receipt high in the air & demanding a trade up for ffs!

If you could what would you more than willing exchange?

Replies

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My nose! I am the only person in the family who managed to inherit my paternal grandmother's nose. I fricken hate it.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    My height!

My family isn't amazonian, but I'm still the shortest one... at 5'3, even the 12 yr olds are taller than me :(

And having white hair already. I've had it since gr 8 :( and now I have white eyebrows/lashes too, so that sucks. That's also genetics, couple of my cousins have this too
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be taller too. And not so dang pale.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'll keep the pale and the short....i've adjusted to this overtime and feel i've learned to rock it.

however, I'll trade the brown, faulty-vision eyes, the crooked teeth, and the giant nose.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    My lineage is made up of sheep herders and their charges. I'd like to be less woolly and stand more upright.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Everyone in my family has either ice blue or really light green eyes. My brother can't go out without an attractive female randomly coming up and going on and on about them and we are basically twins with that being the only noticeable difference.

I got screwed with hunter green eyes. I've been pissed off about this since I was little. I know its dumb but whatever.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Everyone in my family has either ice blue or really light green eyes. My brother can't go out without an attractive female randomly coming up and going on and on about them and we are basically twins with that being the only noticeable difference.

I got screwed with hunter green eyes. I've been pissed off about this since I was little. I know its dumb but whatever.

Green > blue when it comes to eyes.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My legs are short and thick. I want thin runner legs, not these tree trunks.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    well I look like a neanderthal from the neck downwards, but with a cro-magnon face.

but I like being short, stocky, barrel-chested and able to withstand the cold, and it's a good build for powerlifting. And the cro-magnons had prettier faces than the neanderthals. So I'm not changing. If I was taller I'd probably get vertigo plus short limbs = mechanical advantage in lifting, and if my shoulders, rib cage and muscles were smaller I wouldn't be as strong as I am. I totally love the muscle definition in my upper body and the shape of my little short but muscular legs. And I like being built like a short-*kitten* brick s#1t house. And neanderthals are cool. :drinker:

And I like being pale too. I used to hate it, but after moving to the Middle East and meeting a lot of gorgeous olive-skinned women who were totally jealous of my pale skin, who bought skin lightening creams and used too pale toned foundation and stuff.... that surprised me, seeing how many British women go sunbathing and/or use sunbeds and/or fake tan to look olive skinned.......... all that made me realise all skin tones are beautiful, and I learned to appreciate what I've got.

TL:DR - you can't change your genetics, so learn to love it and be the healthiest and best version of you. Someone, somewhere, wishes they had whatever genetic characteristics you have :drinker:
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I only get fat at my tummy, most man my hight and weight seems like they are bulged lifters....I look like I eat a basketball :(
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    All 5 of my siblings are tall & thin ......... my dad used to joke that I was adopted, cuz I don't look ANYTHING like them :tongue:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i would give up being single in a hart beat if that don't count my sibling i'm nothing like them i joke with my mom every now and again saying she brought the wrong kid home. she swears she didn't and i trust
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Man, this is a tough one. It's a toss-up between my feet and my eyes. The feet have served me well, but now have bunions and random bouts of pain or weakness. The eyes, I like the color just fine, but I hate hate hate being near-sighted;I've had to wear fricking glasses since I was 17 and I hate them. Hate them. I wouldn't mind giving up my occasional migraines, either.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Uhhh...
    I don't like my ears much, but at least my long hair hides them, so I guess nothing lol.