My BMI is kicking my age's butt

Options
Greetings from Alberta, Canada.

My name is Roy and I recently found this site in an app-backwards fashion through my android phone. I realized several months ago that I needed to lose weight drastically but I had been having limited success, I need tools to help me and this seems to be a great one. With a BMI at 50 and the dreaded 40th approaching, I have been using this site to track my consumption and physical output. By monitoring what I eat and increasing my levels of activity I will (replaced "hope to" or "should" with "will" as positive speech leads to positive results according to those self-help swamis) reach my goal of getting my weight back into the mid 200's by spring 2012 when I plan on hopping on a dual sport motorcycle and riding down to Central America for a couple months.

I have enjoyed reading everyone's stories of their personal trials, tribulations and triumphs and hope one day to contribute that to someone else (was about to say "pay it forward" but luckily realized that not only would that be wrong it would also be very douche-baggy ).

Thanks for reading,

Roy

Replies

• tmej1973
    tmej1973 Posts: 14
    Options
    You have made a great first step and I wish you nothing but good luck in your journey towards your goals!
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step and don't feel too bad. My BMI is Twice My Age =/
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    Greetings to you, Roy!

You continue to stay positive! Do not allow that BMI to defeat you! You WILL get your weight to wherever you want it to be and within the time frame you want it to happen in. I know that in Spring 2010, we all will be blessed to view beautiful pictures of you on a nice dual sport motorcycles riding down to Central America as you make your stops along the way. I believe that will be an awesome blessing to behold. I don't know much about what the self-help books say but I do know that whatever it is that you really want to accomplish in your life, you must be willing to believe in that first and foremost. You can no longer sit around to watch it happen to others or wait for others to help it happen to you. You have to, as Larry the Cable guy would say, "Git'er Done!" That, my friend, you will have to do for yourself! See you in 2012, Roy!