Hula hooping

Options
I LOVE hula hooping for a work out and thought I would share it here. A google search on calories burned is below:

How many calories an individual burns hula hooping will always be relative, but the scientific claim we stand behind is 100 calories in 10 minutes. Some using simple math have thus concluded 60 minutes equals 600 calories. This may be true in theory, and you can burn 600 calories doing many high impact aerobic exercises, but in reality it’s unlikely. The initial energy burning spike begins to decrease after ten minutes. Whether you’re sweating in an intensive hoop aerobics class or dreamily hoop dancing to Imogen Heap on a sunny day also plays a factor, as does your body weight and the weight of your hoop. That’s why giving a range – 300 to 600 calories – is accurate and useful.
Hooping.org

I was hooping a min of 3x a week for 40 min. My core got stronger, my legs were developed and it was a huge cardio work out. So just wanted to share that hula hooping is a FUN work out you can do in front of your tv. I also use a rubberized belly band I bought at walmart to increase the sweating on the belly are.