Let's talk Chocolate

Options

Replies

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Lindt 90% chocolate. Darn, now that I am thinking about it, will have to go get a square (60 cals) out of the cupboard!
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Pana Chocolate, which is an Australian brand (not sure if it's available elsewhere). It's a raw, organic, vegan-friendly chocolate with two big squares coming in at roughly 85 calories, depending on which flavour you get. Hand on heart, I think it tastes fantastic. So do all my friends who I've given it to :wink: It's not "good ... for a 'health food' chocolate". It's just plain GOOD. Really rich, a beautiful smooth and almost fudgy texture ... I'll take it over Cadbury any day. SO YUMMY.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Lindt - 85% Cocoa Extra Dark Chocolate 53 calories. As an alternative, you could, for example, budget for your daily sweet tooth.
  • Paula038
    Paula038 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ooh, yes, the dark Lindt is so good. But I also make space for the occasional Lindor Truffle, which is about 63 calories, if I remember correctly.
  • NyssaDuck
    Options
    I usually eat 5 pieces of Galaxy Cookie Crumble (21 cals a piece). Sometimes I'll have a Freddo (95 cals) or Milky Way Crisp Roll (60something per roll I think, can't remember). But I like the Cookie Crumble. I suck each piece and it's usually enough to satisfy my chocolate craving.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Lindt, +70% cacao! they have all sorts of flavours! and love their sea salt version. Only 30 cals a piece, individually wrapped.
  • CocoaTreat
    CocoaTreat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I need-yes I said need chocolate, I drink a super chocolate hot cocoa. It consist of: 4 oz of of skim milk, 1oz of carnation evaported milk, 1/2 a packet of Swiss hot cocoa, and 7 semi sweet cholate chips. It yeilds 110 calories, but only 1.5 grams of fat. It is a semi-healthy treat without the extra sugar. Your taste buds will be overwhelmed with chocolate bliss!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    When I need-yes I said need chocolate, I drink a super chocolate hot cocoa. It consist of: 4 oz of of skim milk, 1oz of carnation evaported milk, 1/2 a packet of Swiss hot cocoa, and 7 semi sweet cholate chips. It yeilds 110 calories, but only 1.5 grams of fat. It is a semi-healthy treat without the extra sugar. Your taste buds will be overwhelmed with chocolate bliss!
    Thanks. Gonna try this. Is it just as sweet/chocolaty as normal hot chocolate? You don't add water?
  • xayles
    xayles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like regular chocolate. I will buy the Cadbury 120g bars. I limit my self to 3 squares (or 6 if I'm feeling really naughty) at the most (around 85 calories per 3 squares) but only if it's within my goal. Otherwise I take Kellogs chocolatey rice crispy bars at about 150cals to work. I occasionally have a snickers (when I am really craving it) but they're not really worth the calories.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Personally I love the 70% cocoa plus stuff. Also sea salt in chocolate. I must admit I can have a square and move on. And for cheaper chocolate, like Celebrations, Quality Street etc. (UK stuff) that gets thrown around at work, I can simply smell the box and feel like I've had my fix ...
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Freddo's for me. Though i do love celebrations and/or Quality Streets, galaxy chocolate and maltesers lol. Time to go have some i think...
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    hersheys has something that I take in my diary. Also weight watchers and skinny cow.
  • mdiaz0188
    mdiaz0188 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A couple of dark hershey's kisses. 20 calories each.

likewise! I buy little dark Hershey kissies and then eat one when I'm craving, which is usually all I need... :)
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I eat a snack size Hershey's Special Dark every day. It's got a lot of anti-oxidants that are very good for you. This is one of the tiny bars that comes in the pack of 8. Serving size is three little bars, but I eat one a day. My research says it's enough to get the benefits and it's a great treat. 56 Calories.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I eat regular chocolate long as it fits into my day. Snickers, kitKat and sometimes skinny cows dream clusters

Yes yes yes
    I also eat whatever chocolate I want and just fit it into my calories. although I prefer something like Ghirardelli, Godiva or See's candies. If I'm gonna have chocolate I wanna make it totally worth every bite. LOL
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I keep Mars fun size in the freezer. They are about 80 cals each and when they're frozen they take a while to get through. I try to fit either one of those or a mini Cherry Ripe (also frozen) every night.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    If it's a super-dark, high-quality chocolate (I like Equal Exchange), I can eat one square and feel pretty satisfied. Not as satisfied as if I ate the whole bar :smile: , but it's rich and delicious enough that I can stop after a little bit. And I've been working my way through a dark chocolate orange one slice at a time since Christmas!
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Toblerone Singles...
  • JordanInMT
    JordanInMT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the brand off of the top of my head, but I love the 80%+ dark chocolate with sea salt that you see at the grocery store. And by love it... I FREAKING LOVE IT.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Pana Chocolate, which is an Australian brand (not sure if it's available elsewhere). It's a raw, organic, vegan-friendly chocolate with two big squares coming in at roughly 85 calories, depending on which flavour you get. Hand on heart, I think it tastes fantastic. So do all my friends who I've given it to :wink: It's not "good ... for a 'health food' chocolate". It's just plain GOOD. Really rich, a beautiful smooth and almost fudgy texture ... I'll take it over Cadbury any day. SO YUMMY.

Yes it's amazing! I have tried the cinnamon one and will be getting more again for sure.