MSN video clip guided me here...

Options
...and I'm wondering who else saw the video article about the woman that lost 100lbs thanks to this site. I'm Nadia. I've tried Jenny Craig and battled my weight since I learned that I should be dieting (think fat jokes made by other kindergartners). I thought I finally got it licked about two years ago on JC's plan. The only problem was when I went off the plan the weight didn't stay off. I got married about a year ago and like your first year in college I gained weight....in the sum of 60-ish lbs. (Gee, that looks gross written down) Anyhow, my husband is now fighting his battle with weight on a no carb diet and I thought it was time for me to do so as well. I'm not a no carb girl and have success with the calorie counting/exercise route before...but only stay around for about a week and they ice cream and deep fried yummies seem to come my way. I'm hoping that this site will help me stay on track and learn better, long term habits. I think its already helped me fight one of the battles that I've had in the past--figuring out the calories for my food intake journal---THANK YOU FOR DOING THE MATH FOR ME!
Anyhow...that's where I'm at and why I'm here....now I'm going to read your blogs and learn about you all.

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    welcome
    this is a great site that will help keep you motivated and encouraged. Just stick with it and write your food and exercise down daily. You can do it
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Nadia! Good luck on your journey! Make lots of friends. The support is fantastic.
  • janelcastillo
    Options
    Hi! I also started coming to this site because of the story on MSN. It has been motiviating me alot. I started it then and have already lost 5 lbs.! Im really grateful for this site and am so looking forward to reaching my goal weight! This just might be my answer!
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I actually started this site before the Today show and I love it as well. I have lost weight where I never have before. Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Nutrasystem etc. None of them worked for more than a month.

This is a lifestyle change and it has to be a change you really want to make.

Good Luck

Debbie