sooo hungry today!

Options
Help!! I'm having one of those days where I can not stop thinking of food and it does not help that it's soo slow at work. At this rate, I won't have any calories left for dinner : ( Any of you guys ever experience this?

Replies

• p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    All the time.

When I do, I eat till I'm not hungry and then set the day aside. This is a long term thing, not some day-by-day fad.
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yep! Boredom hunger! Try something reasonable on calories and high in protein which helps make a stomach feel more full (a handful of almonds could do the trick). If you're still hungry, try taking your mind off of things by drinking some water and find ANY task to get your mind off food. It's probably even more tough after Thanksgiving when it was nothing but family and food. Hang in there!
  • exercise2day2
    exercise2day2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Chew gum? Fill up a tall glass of water? Maybe go for a quick walk to distract yourself? Remind yourself of your goals :)
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Wait a bit. If you're actually hungry, you'll know it. Then eat. Then track how many calories that was.

Simple, simple.
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I get it all the time. That's what got us here in the first place right? Just remember last time you caved and how you felt. You will be proud if you get through it. My greatest success is usually when I allow the thinking. Use the 'thinking' to plan, research, and look up recipes etc. Then I get in the mood for healthy, I cook and surround myself with healthful foods and then have something really rich and tasty, like a spicy curry or something. Good luck.
  • kariplz
    kariplz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I ended up going to starbucks and got myself a treat. Sipped on a skinny peppermint mocha was the solution.

I have beat today!!!