Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol!

Options
2»

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I was a regular and moderately heavy drinker of craft beers -- 3 or 4 or so per day on average (more on weekends, less during the week). When I got more serious about my weight, I found I just couldn't fit all those extra calories in a healthy but calorie deficient day. I still go out and have some beers now and again, but as a regular thing, its no longer in the house for me (my wife has a wheat beer she drinks every so often so there's still some in the fridge most days).

But, with the beer gone, I still have a glass of wine in the evenings some days and almost always have a few nips of spirits before bed (been on a tequila kick for several months) -- yum! Wouldn't consider cutting it out totally because I enjoy it; if I stop enjoying it, then sure, I'd consider it.
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it to just once ot twice a week, any more than that dose seem to interfere with progress.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Most days alcohol isn't worth the calories, but Ive never been a big drinker.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    So here is my question - have any of you cut out alcohol as a part of your healthy eating / weight loss plan? Like, COMPLETELY?
    I cut out alcohol completely for about 4 months because I thought I was overdoing it and wanted to make sure I COULD stop ;-) It really wasn't that hard but after 4 months, I eased into more moderate drinking. I actually saw no difference in my weight or fitness when I was doing without completely.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    What, what, what?! That's crazy talk. Everything in moderation. Life is toooo short/ :drinker:
  • patalves
    Options
    I save calories during the week that can be used towards alcohol on the weekends. Alcohol often kinda counts as my cheatmeal. ;)

But, but...you aren't 21. ;)

But, but... I'm Canadian. :P
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    No. I'm under the influence as I type this.

Edited to make sense.