Physical/health effects of losing weight

Options
Haven,t lost a whole lot...6lbs in a month and a week..but I must say I feel kinda like a cold coming on and i am cold/chilly at temps where I used to be comfortable...I don't think i am getting sick, like I caught a virus I feel like it is due to cutting cals and weight loss and a friend of mine said It very we'll could be...anyone have the same "I feel under the weather but ok feeling" while losing weight? And if so why is that I wonder?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I would think part of this is dependent on how much of a deficit you are trying to live off of. At 1700 cals I am not having any problems, but I know at 1200, for me, I have difficulty with energy, and temperature regulation (get cold easily).
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I feel amazingly so much better since losing weight....makes me realise how rubbish I felt all the time before!!!
    BUT I am cold all the time..not have a cold, but feel cold...it sucks..
    But the extra layers are worth it for feeling so much better all round.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I am cold all the time since losing. With a 6lb loss, it may not be som much the weight you've lost, but just the fact that you're eating at a deficit.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight in July 2011 after having my 2nd baby. Since then I've had 2 colds. If you consider how tired I was in the first few months of having a newborn and a 2 year old, then dealing with my mum being diagnosed with leukaemia, then going back to work as a teacher in a busy secondary school, and now I'm. 20 weeks pregnant, I think I'm doing pretty well! So far.....

I've always felt the cold whether I'm bigger or smaller, so that doesn't make a lot of difference to me.

Exercise and eating well definitely makes a positive difference to my health. Although I've never really got ill a lot anyway, just the odd cold here and there.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    And if so why is that I wonder?

Early on when I started logging and limiting my intake I felt hellish most of the time. I realised that I had shifted my intake down far too much and I had no energy, so I split the difference, reduced my target loss rate and started feeling a lot better.

For me the objectives aren't really about losing weight though, that's a secondary effect, so I could be reasonably flexible about the loss rate.

Nine months in, I'm feeling much healthier all round.
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    if your eating too little & not often enough then that can make you feel weak but I would give it a few months for your body to adapt to good foods & you will begin to feel amazing. If your not eating silly low amounts then I don't think a diet will weaken you so you might just be feeling the changes loosing weight brings you and you might not of felt in a long time, like myself.