protein intake...

Options
I have always eaten less protein in my diet. I am just not much of a meat eater. But since I have started on my fitness pal I have been going over my protein goal by more than 10. Is that okay? I have just been crazing chicken like mad for some reason...

Replies

• balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Nope that's fine. I always go over mine. You don't have to eat meat, fish is a good source of protein too! :bigsmile:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If the protein that you ingest comes without a high increase in saturated fat, then you are OK , specially if you work out, and lift some weights. Change the display on your daily menu to see how much saturated fat you are getting, it will help you plan your meals better.

You protein should come mainly from poultry (no skin), fish, low fat or non fat diary products, nuts, beans, lentis, etc. Some lean beef is also OK.

Good luck and congratulations on your weight loss.

PS: I wish we had spell check in this website...
  • cmsimps27
    Options
    Thanks, yea my protein has been coming from boneless skinless chicken breasts and soups that are chicken broth based. My boyfriend is in the Marines and he told me to listen to my body. Whatever i am craving is what I need. I have just been like a pregnant woman with a craving for chicken lately lol.

p.s. I do have spell check... I get a little squiggly line if I misspell something and when I right click it gives me the correction...weird...

p.p.s. I am a horrible speller and in that p.s. comment alone it corrected me three times haha :-D