Eating enough food not possible....

Options
2»

Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Yea I have struggled to get to 1200 on a lot of days and that is bad because I am doing Insanity and burn at least 700 calories a day on it. I HAVE to be able to eat. Not just for nutrients, but to avoid metabolism problems or going on a binge. If I don't keep my calories up my body will randomly decide it is ravenous beyond repair and I won't have as much control over what I eat. So this eating enough thing is my challenge and goal right now.
    Another thing I just thought of - experiment a bit with meal frequency/timing. That can be a good way to fit your needs around your appetite. For example, intermittent fasting helps me keep within my goal (I don't usually eat until early afternoon, and eat most of my calories in the evening). The opposite could work for you - maybe more frequent meals would help you get the calories in. Pre-planning your intake and pre-logging it in your diary can help too.

Yep, this is what I've done-gone from IF to eating 6 times a day and pre-planning/pre-logging. It's the only way I can get in all the calories I need to keep my weight stable (in maintenance), and meet the demands of my exercise. I've only been doing it for a week now and it's been a huge adjustment-feels like I'm eating all. the. time. :tongue: But, I know it's necessary for where I'm at right now so I'll deal with it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I could never eat my calories either at first because I had that crazy idea that you have to eat 'clean' to lose weight. Then I started eating what I loved, just in small quantities, to reach my goal. I haven't had any issue losing weight and I'm much happier knowing that I can have ice cream, cake, chocolate, pizza or whatever I feel like really... and IMO it's healthier than having a huge deficit anyway...