Where to put Iphone/ipod when weight training??

Options

Replies

• elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    For all you ladies who keep them in your bra...be careful! My mom used to do that and the moisture got to be too much and her phone stopped working!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I use an armband, works really well most of the time. I also have clip that I can use on my sports bra.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad that people cant live to do anything without a electronic within reach at all times....what did everyone do before they were invented...that is all

If listening to music on headphones makes it easier to push through that last mile/set...what's wrong with that? What's sad is some people's constant need to judge the way others do things.

Also I don't really think that "people can't live to do anything without a electronic" (the bad phrasing is not mine), the question is why should we. Electronics are great, and if listening to my own music when I'm in the gym or running helps me focus on my workout, then why would that bug you? I don't know about before, but I'm sure most people just listened to the bad music piped in, all the casual talking around them, and the bros grunting at the weights. Not too hard to figure out it that given a choice most of us would rather listen to our own tunes.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I just stick mine in my bra.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Depending on the move, bra, or on my hip.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    There are arm bands and waist belts for them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    What is with women's clothing not having pockets? Pockets are awesome!
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use a SPIbelt and just keep the corner unzipped for the wire to come out. Works great and the SPIbelt doesn't bounce.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Got a shuffle and clip mine on the collar of my shirt right under my chin. Was weird at 1st but got use to it.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Trick question? LOL JK I usually just pit it in my pocket.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad that people cant live to do anything without a electronic within reach at all times....what did everyone do before they were invented...that is all

What is this fantasy past that you're imagining that didn't have sound?

Rowers on ships had someone playing drums or shouting at them to stay on pace with each other. Soldiers had musicians to time marches and raise their spirits at the start of battles. Warriors with short spears would have fighting chants that they screamed as they advanced upon their enemy.

I'm neither Amish nor a Tibetian monk so there's no reason that I need to work out in silence if I don't want to.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options

If listening to music on headphones makes it easier to push through that last mile/set...what's wrong with that? What's sad is some people's constant need to judge the way others do things.

^^^This.

I mean, my goodness, I don't understand why people even got to the gym, I mean what did they ever do before gyms were invented? We should all just be running through the woods and lifting rocks, like back in the good old days before all this fancy-schmancy technology. /sarcasm
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I went out and bought an iPod Shuffle for the gym. it was about $50 and has a clip so I attach it to my shirt.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options

I think it's sad people can't live without being passive aggressive and judgmental.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    What is with women's clothing not having pockets? Pockets are awesome!

Pockets add fabric bulk to the hips lol I hate pockets but miss them
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Best setup I've found for me is an armband with the cord running up my arm sleave under my shirt then coming out the back of my neck to my ears. Keeps the headphones from getting snagged.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Also on another note to try and actually give advice.....I understand listening to music jogging or doing cardio,but how can you focus on you're form if you're distracted playing with the iphone/ipod in between weight routines ....I don't know for me I would ditch the electronic during weight training if that makes sense

Different ppl, diff strategies. Some ppl like you might feel music is a distraction, which is fair. But it may be a totally diff experience for others. I credit my MP3 player for turning me into a marathon swimmer and helping me lose 60 lbs. I don't know how else I'd be able to swim 3 miles in a pool. It gets awfully boring after bit. The music beat helps keep my stroke's pace. I also credit the ease of using a cell phone for helping me losing weight. There's no way I would be consistently logging if I had to use a PC or a piece of paper. Mobile tech did it for me.

To answer your question OP, possibly invest in a $50 ipod shuffle? Tiny, inexpensive, easy to use, and clips everywhere.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Also on another note to try and actually give advice.....I understand listening to music jogging or doing cardio,but how can you focus on you're form if you're distracted playing with the iphone/ipod in between weight routines ....I don't know for me I would ditch the electronic during weight training if that makes sense
    I have a playlist when I'm working out, so I don't have to adjust anything.
    I can't train at all, weights or cardio, without my headphones in. I have a 'training mix' that doesn't require me to touch my walkman at all for the duration of my sesh :)
    I just pictured you in the gym with an old school cassette player. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad:
    I have read threads on other forums where ppl get upset about others texting while working out and I agree that it's none of their business. But, I don't think that particular person was being judgmental. Before she said that, she said that she was giving advice. She's just thinking that the music is a distraction on the OP paying attention to form.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Bluetooth earbuds, phone goes into gym bag with favorite playlist, the joy of wireless freedom while lifting is unmatched

This!!! exactly what I do......
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I carry my gym bag with me with my essentials in it and it sits right next to whatever station I'm at.