Green coffee bean extract, any good?

Options
Has anyone had an experience with using coffee bean extract for weight loss?

Replies

• honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I took it for a few weeks ( 8 maybe)but I didn't notice any extra weight loss but maybe other people had more success with it.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If it's recommended by Dr Oz it's got to be good! :huh:

Seriously though..........
    “Clearly there’s nothing magical about it,” said Dr. Arya Sharma, a professor of medicine and chair of obesity research and management at the University of Alberta.

But even if you still want to believe the study results, consider that it says people can lose a significant amount of weight without altering their caloric intake or physical activity levels. It’s impossible.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/green-coffee-bean-extract-does-it-really-help-you-lose-weight/article6116816/
    Richard Mathias, professor emeritus in the University of British Columbia’s School of Population and Public Health, is not sold.

“This is a scam,” he says. “It’s been done many, many times with a variety of products. It’s usually some kind of miracle berry that’s been discovered in the Amazon jungle and cures anything.”

Mathias says Vinson’s study used a crossover design, a simplistic method compared to the “gold standard” of randomized control trials, and says Vinson didn’t actually lead the study, but simply wrote up the results.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/great+green+coffee+bean+debate/9166207/story.html

The good news is it probably won't kill you........

Caveat emptor.
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    if you ask me Dont waste ur money and be kind to your stomach
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A while back, I got one of those Starbucks Refreshers that supposedly have GCB extract in them and FLEWW through the night at work like I've never experienced on regular coffee... got another one a few days later and it did zippo for me. But i am hard-headed and highly desensitized when it comes to caffeine, so don't use me as a comparison. I'd say GCB is probably good for a small boost of extra boost of energy when you need a pick me up in the afternoon or something, but i doubt it's of any use for real weight loss... YMMV
  • lcransaw
    Options
    Don't waste your money.