Hello - I'm a newbie

Options
baker_c
baker_c Posts: 251 Member
Hello Everyone - I just joined, although it seems like I've been dieting the last 19 years. I keep loosing and finding those last 30 pountds. I'm hoping this site can motivate me to get to the end. I always get close, but then the weight comes on so fast.

I'd love to hear your story and any motivational or diet tips.

Replies

• sherryar
    sherryar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome...this is my 2nd week and I am still learning myself but I want to wish you good luck and tell you there is loads of support on MFP!
  • baker_c
    Options
    Thanks for the welcom Sherryar! How are you doing on your 2nd week? How'd the first one go?
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Connie, welcome to the site. It is a great site with a lot of encouragement and support provided. I can definitely relate to your post - it seems you no more than lose 10 lbs and then turn around and it is back and brought 5 more with it. Tough to deal with. I just keep telling myself to keep trying. If I have a day that I don't do as well, don't meet my goals, then I just get up the next day and try again. Best advice is to set yourself up for success. Figure out what your triggers are, what you use for comfort foods when you are triggered, and then don't buy those things, and instead set up healthy meals/snacks in advance. For example, I know that I am truly addicted to chocolate (anything chocolate), so I don't have it in the house. If it is sugar that is your weakness, then buy a lot of foods that are low in sugar (watch the sodium though - those products are often laden with sodium). If prep time is an issue - then try to buy foods that don't take a lot of prep time but are still healthy. Read the labels. And most importantly, be gentle with yourself. :smile:
  • tmara33
    tmara33 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new here to, just joined today. It's going to be nice to have people help me along the way. I will need a lot.
  • baker_c
    Options
    Welcome Tmara33 - glad I'm not alone
  • baker_c
    Options
    Vickielu - your comments are great thanks for the help. Let me know how you do with your goals. I'm going to think about what goals I can set for myself - I was never good and setting goals and keeping them, so I think I just didn't set any. Time for change.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I started almost two weeks ago. Great support here. Glad your here.
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hello there. Welcome. So glad you join us...we been waiting for you. Hope you get the help and support you need. I know you Can do this.!! TC . Hug.
  • ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome....Just stayed positive and don't give up, just keepin tryin and tryin and tryin everyday. I think I have the hang of it or least I'm getting alot better. lol Word of advice.....exercise everyday and push yourself so that each day your doing a little more and more. You have to exercise even when you don't want to. Good luck

E