Connecting up my mobile MFP and Fitbit apps?

Options
I've just started using MFP and also just got a Fitbit one. I seem to have managed to connect the accounts online, but is there any way of connecting my Android MFP app with my mobile Fitbit tracker as I use these the most? I use Endomondo and that connected easily but when I try and do it with Fitbit it just gives me options for buying a Fitbit! Also does the Fitbit data just synch to MFP at the end of the day because nothing is showing on there yet about how many calories I've burnt etc.

Thank you,
Kate

Replies

• velocitykate
    velocitykate Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I should also say hello! My name is Kate and I'm a working Mum to three kids (9 going on 14, 7 + 2). I would like to lose 10kg ad get rid of my sticky out tummy - I'm forever getting asked when I'm due! I do a it of running ad some strength exercises as well to try and strengthen my core up.

I'd be very happy if anyone wants to be my friend
  • pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate, I have a fitbit flex, my fitbit synchronises whenever i am near to my computer with the dongle, depending on your mobile device you can synchronise your fitbit directly and then see the results on the fitbit app.

As far as connecting it to mfp, i have connected my 2 accounts but use the fitbit to solely view and log my steps and calories burned, all food and weight loss is logged on to mfp and i find that doing it that way the 2 apps talk to each other and merge the info quite well

I hope that helps a little

Paul
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate, if you have both apps on your smart phone, it should sync automatically, not just at the end of the day. Did you add fitbit to your MFP?
  • velocitykate
    Options
    I've added Fitbit to MFP online, I can't see anyway to do it via the mobile app that is what I was asking really. MFP is talking to Fitbit because the calories I've added to MFP are showing up on my Fitbit account but nothing from Fitbit is showing up on MFP, no calories, no steps, nothing!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Kate:

The short answer is no unless you use an iPhone. The newest Fitbits use a Bluetooth 4 connection and most Android electronics just don't support it (most are Bluetooth 3) and there are only a few that can "talk" directly to the Fitbit.

So, your Fitbit has to talk to your computer through the little USB plug-in that came with it (using Fitbit Connect). Your Fitbit talks to your computer and your computer has to be in contact with the Fitbit website (e.g., an internet connection) to transmit that data to Fitbit.

If you've properly linked accounts (under MFP apps tab you should get a listing on the right hand side of the apps connected through MFP), the data should flow back from Fitbit as it updates. Note you can have Fitbit apply negative values thtoughout the day as it updates if you are doing less than your profile settings.
  • velocitykate
    Options
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 which does support Bluetooth 4 the phone synchs with the Fitbit because I set it up with the phone first. Actually I think it is now doing what I want it to as MFP is now showing Fitbit calories adjustment under exercise. Shame it's currently at zero calories.........

Treadmill later I think
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you go to the exercise tab, then it should list fitbit exercise calories. Online there is a small question mark you can click and it will tell you how many calories you have to burn before fitbit adds more. I don't have a smart phone so i don't know how the app works.